Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Update on the car and a question

kelshm
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Since I replaced the UIM on the 97 Lesabre Limited, I've had nothing but issues with the car. First the A/C control unit went out, then busted vacuum lines and then after fixing all these, the car kept kicking the engine light on.

I checked the code and it was a tranny code. I checked the tranny fluid, which was flushed 14k miles back, and the smell about knocked me over. It smelled like really old burnt gear oil. I got a filter and changed the fluid but when I drained it, the fluid was FULL of metal shavings, so now the car is in the tranny shop getting a new tranny.

Now, the reason for the post....the window on the passenger side front will only work with the master switch. The others work from their own switch so that makes me believe the switch on that door is bad. I can change it without issue...if I could find one. Does anyone know where to buy a new switch? I can find the master switch everywhere but not the single switches and I'm hesitant to spend any money on a used one.

jdl
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I found this part at rockauto.com. Several of the national brand auto stores have fix-it isle, odds and end parts for just about anything.

kelshm
06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I just ordered it. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!