Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

z24 2002 sunroof...

z24forlife
05-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi guys... im having a problem with my sunroof... i pulled my car out this morning from my garage, and i hadnt taken it since last week. So i poped up my electric sunroof, and it opened fine and slides fine but , when i go to close it.. it wont close all the way down to seal the roof.. So it stays opened like about 1"1/2... it will open again all the way back, and all the way front but it wont close to seal. This leaves me with the sunroof opened.. I installed a new motor and still doing the same thing.. Cleaned up the tracks with soap and water... still the same thing. My firend at GM told me next step is to chane the module on the left side of the motor right above the driver. Module is about 6" long and about looks like a crunchie bar. Now if anyone has had problems with their sunroof. Did anyone ever have to replace the module.. ? Do you think this will fix it...

It worked fine last week... It stays inside my garage and i keep the sunroof closed so dust cannot go in their, dirt or whatever.. I am attempting to do this myself cuz for sure the dealer will rip me off.:rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!