Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CDX-U6260 CD player Tel MUTE (HELP ME)

AxisOf3vil
05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello. I own (as in my parents) an 18 year old BMW. I have a Sony CDX-U6260 CD player. Just recently the radio started randomly cutting out, about 15-30 seconds after i turn it on. It says "Tel Mute" How do i fix this??:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::f rown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::fr own::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::fro wn::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frow n::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:PS ( i am doing this for my parents FYI because they dont know anything about cars, computers, ETC.) Im not sureWHAT BMW it is, only that it is 18 year old and i think it is a 3 series....

PaulD
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
there is a wire from the stereo that attaches to the built in cell phone, it mutes the audio when a call is recieved. You need to go into the menus and see if it can be turned off. The instruction manual might help too.

AxisOf3vil
05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
is that inside the stereo, would i have to open it up? This stereo is like 18 years old now so i dont think that they would put a cell phoine in there. Um, it has never done this before and we dont know how to turn it off. all it says in the manual is that its a "feature" :sarcasm1:. ~cough cough~
Ill check it out.

PaulD
05-27-2010, 08:03 PM
if you can figure out what wire it is, just cut it from the Sony harness

AxisOf3vil
05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
ok thanks

Add your comment to this topic!