Rosso

Pages : [1] 2

TimSalewsky
05-04-2003, 01:24 AM
I did a little shopping today and I thought I would share with you a couple of pictures from my trip. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a Murcielago in my favorite color of rosso because this wasn't listed in the dealership's inventory on it's website. The interior is black with red stitching. Very beautiful. I thought the seats were a little narrow at first but I think that they took the form of my body after a little while of sitting. I soon became much too distracted by opening and closing the air vents, revving the engine, adjusting ride height etc. anyway. I also noticed what Baron had mentioned in a previous post about the somewhat tamed engine noise of the 2003 Murcielago's. It seems okay with me though. In the drive around, I noticed that the salesman's driving technique and how he took it out of first a lot sooner than what Tony said he used to at 60(right Tony?). I don't know what else to say other than that the car is purfect. The salesman was great and very helpful and we talked at length about other Murcielago possibilities as well for me when the time is right for me to start acquiring. If this is still available at that time, I'll take it.

TimSalewsky
05-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Murcielago, "just driven"

TimSalewsky
05-04-2003, 01:35 AM

TimSalewsky
05-04-2003, 01:37 AM
:)

TimSalewsky
05-04-2003, 01:41 AM
This is her in the middle of a couple of her "relatives".

TexasF355F1
05-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing! :)

Menu dei Motori
05-04-2003, 11:57 AM
thanks!

i have never seen that colour before....

it´s a very nice colour!
thanks!

reciprokal
05-04-2003, 01:44 PM
OMFG, WHY DIDN'T U TAKE MORE PICS OF THAT BLACK ONE? BLACK IS THE BEST COLOR! :mad:

anyway, nice pics :ylsuper

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

thepennyho
05-04-2003, 04:18 PM
damn they deleted my account, but now im back;)

thepennyho
05-04-2003, 04:19 PM
nice pics too;)

cristoff
05-04-2003, 06:40 PM
that is a really nice color......hey next time you go shopping take me!!:D

Sean
05-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by thepennyho

gee i wonder why? :rolleyes:

i am loving red murci's more and more

carnacier
05-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Are you serously going to buy one?
If so I hope to see more pic of that car.

hiphophomer
05-05-2003, 07:44 PM
what kind of car were you shopping for?:confused: and what dealer?

TimSalewsky
05-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by hiphophomer
what kind of car were you shopping for?:confused: and what dealer?

The dealer was Luxury Motors in Downers Grove, IL. They are mainly a Bentley dealer. A lot of Arnage's. Too many maybe. I was looking for Muricelagos of course. And a few others but they didn't have them.

TimSalewsky
05-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by reciprokal
WHY DIDN'T U TAKE MORE PICS OF THAT BLACK ONE? BLACK IS THE BEST COLOR! :mad:

anyway, nice pics :ylsuper

The black was sold and I took the pics for personal reference. I remembered you all here so I thought I would share what I had. I don't think that metallic black looks the best on the Murcielago which is what that is. Maybe I'll change. I think I would like the slick black much better but I haven't seen that in person yet to know. I had loved the red in pics, in person it's .. wow.

TimSalewsky
05-06-2003, 02:06 AM

Reminds me of a weeble wobble.
Or a fly in the summer.

TimSalewsky
05-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by carnacier
Are you serously going to buy one?
If so I hope to see more pic of that car.

yes. whatever murcielago i'll get, no prob.

TimSalewsky
05-06-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Sean Quinn

gee i wonder why? :rolleyes:

i am loving red murci's more and more

I believe that the red conveys an agression and ferocity that the car is all about very well. No problem with posting the pics, folks, just as long as I know you enjoy them.

spare_me_a_murci
05-06-2003, 04:10 AM
congratulations if you do buy your Murci, Tim!

.. ah ... one more happy man on the planet! :sun:

hiphophomer
05-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by TimSalewsky

yes. whatever murcielago i'll get, no prob.
you got enough for it!, damn what kind of job do you have????:eek:

hiphophomer
05-06-2003, 08:29 PM

The black was sold and I took the pics for personal reference. I remembered you all here so I thought I would share what I had. I don't think that metallic black looks the best on the Murcielago which is what that is. Maybe I'll change. I think I would like the slick black much better but I haven't seen that in person yet to know. I had loved the red in pics, in person it's .. wow.
then what color is your favorite on a murcielago?:confused: :alien:

Tony_Ensemble
05-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Cool, Tim. And congrats ahead of time! I saw a red one like that in the new dealership they are building in Dallas. Very bold!

BTW - 60 isn't a speed I recommend for 1st. My days of driving in an agressively low gear have ended. It turns out not to be so good for the car. duh.

TimSalewsky
05-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Didn't you used to have a Diablo, Tony?

Tony_Ensemble
05-08-2003, 04:17 AM
Negative.

TimSalewsky
05-09-2003, 01:24 AM
My favorite colors.. umm.. seems like it depends on my mood I guess.
But I like
- red
- all of the blu's for the most part with blu ely being the frontrunner of
the 3 blu's
- yellow,
- orange,
- titanium and light silver.
I don't know if I like purple, but I might like grigio avalon. The flourescent green just doesn't seem to appeal to me nor the metallic black.

I am hankering to check out orange in person because they have one local but I probably don't need to. I did see pictures of one with creme interior which I am liking an awful lot. Reminds me of a Florida orange I guess. I was thinking an awful lot of blu ely with dark grey inside as well and it seemed to strike a cord so I'm going to see if I can get some pics of that to make sure I like it as much as I think I do. Does anyone here like white? I've seen pics of a couple but I don't know.

TimSalewsky
05-09-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble
Cool, Tim. And congrats ahead of time! I saw a red one like that in the new dealership they are building in Dallas. Very bold!

BTW - 60 isn't a speed I recommend for 1st. My days of driving in an agressively low gear have ended. It turns out not to be so good for the car. duh.
Tony, I was curious as to what were the best helps for you in getting you prepared for driving your 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago? Having your NSX I suppose. Does this question make sense? If you could give me any tips thanks!

TimSalewsky
05-09-2003, 02:05 AM
Here is a pic of the orange and creme. I thought it looked pretty awesome. What do you all think?

TexasF355F1
05-09-2003, 03:31 AM
I love the creme interior!

Menu dei Motori
05-09-2003, 05:01 AM
PERFECT

i love (ice)cream

Sean
05-09-2003, 08:20 PM
there creme makes me cream.

damn they deleted my account, but now im back

Reminds me of a weeble wobble.
Or a fly in the summer.

or like those flys who seem to keep bumping into the closed part of the window, and when they finnaly get out, they smack come flying back into the open part and buzz and the room then smack into the closed part of the window over... and over... and over.

hiphophomer
05-09-2003, 09:23 PM
i love the leather, but i just hate that stupid alcantara leather, it looks strange in the car for me, but i dont know what you guys think, it kind of looks like those wierd momo diablo interiors:eek:

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TexasF355F1
I love the creme interior!

Ditto. I think it needs some orange stitching though.

TimSalewsky
05-10-2003, 01:39 AM
It's a Creamsicle.

Tony_Ensemble
05-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Tony, I was curious as to what were the best helps for you in getting you prepared for driving your 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago? Having your NSX I suppose. Does this question make sense? If you could give me any tips thanks!
The NSX was not good prepartion for the Murci. The NSX is a dream to drive. Not that the Murci isn't but the NSX drives like an every day car. The Murci takes more paractice. I dont think there is a way to prepare. Its peculiarities are somewhat unique.

The big mistake that I was making was to release the clutch with many RPM's. Fun but something you should do only once in a while. Its easy to burn through a clutch that way. The ideal way to start up is to keep the RPM below 1500. This is not rocket science but its does take some getting used to.

There are many little things that you learn by doing. Such as remembering that the car is lower than a curb. So when you are turning into and out of parking lots make sure not to cut the corner else you will scrap the side of the car on the curb. This happend to me but the delear fixed me right up.

Remebering that the rear view is almost non exsistent is another. before you get into the murci you have to carefully chart your course for backing up. Because once you get in and put the car in reverse you are driving blind.

Another thing is that while driving down the highways everyone like to pull up to your car to get a good look. They like to hang our exactly in your blind spot. You have to be very careful about this one.

My one peice of advice is to get a Lamborghini tech to give you a driving lesson. These guys know the car inside and out.

Hope this helps.

Menu dei Motori
05-10-2003, 07:20 AM
guys

you won´t believe me this:

my friend has a relative who works in the lambo press section.

i will visit the lamborghini factory this summer. and i will probably be able to sit next to valentino balboni making some test drives.

guys this will be my best summer i ever had. i still cannot believe what will happen to me:flash: absolutely incredible

@tony do you really see nothing in the rear view? what about the backmirror? can you see sth? or just the engine?

carnacier
05-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Menu! I would so much like to be in your place:mad:

But be prepare mentally because I read in a mag some years ago that some car/journalist took place with him and Valentino was overstering at +200 km/h
:eek:

I would like you to take pic of the factory
thanks

TexasF355F1
05-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Menu, you are so lucky! If it is allowed please take as many pictures as possible and videos if you can as well. Maybe talk to Valentino Balboni and see if he get all of us in. At least those of us you trust;) . Man, I really doubt cameras are allowed, but I hope so.:flash:

Sean
05-10-2003, 11:56 PM
camera's definatly arn't allowed in the design areas, but i bet you can take pictures of the lobby and press areas. i bet you could even take pictures in the bathrooms, although im not sure why. maybe their stalls are modeled to look like the inside of a murci. that would be sweet :D

ahh man you are so lucky to get to be in a car with balboni while he is testing...

TimSalewsky
05-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Menu: Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. I have seen a couple of videos of Mr. Balboni's impressive driving and if you are able to sit shotgun with him on a test run wow. Make sure you get a nice picture for him to sign and then frame that thing. Another idea, and maybe your cousin could help you, is to get a picture taken of you and Mr. Balboni next to the Murcielago and make a large print of it and send it back to your cousin to have him sign. Have fun.

Tony: Thanks a lot for the great info. I am truly keeping all of your helpful Murcielago hints in mind. I am definitely trying to gain as much information on the car beforehand as possible so that all I will have to worry about is just having a lot of fun. Menu mentioned riding with Valentino Balboni. Wouldn't that be a treat to get some private training from him? Thanks again, buddy!

jsb88
05-30-2003, 04:10 AM
white:
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/306409Murcielago-51.jpg

Metallic white:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=963189

I love the met. White, but the matte white does not really look as good im my opinion.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-30-2003, 04:11 PM
I love both whites. The pearl/metallic is amazing, but I wouldn't mind the matte. It is like a color you can get on any other car, while the pearl is a unique accent to an already unique and beautiful car...

BTW, I had a weird dream last night. I woke up and there was a red Murcielago in my driveway... I openned the door, and woke up. :(

chocks
05-30-2003, 05:43 PM
...and when you woke up, did u wished u never wake up again? :D

TimSalewsky
05-31-2003, 12:48 AM
Was there anyone in the driver's seat? Black interior?

SuPeRcAr_MaN
05-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Was there anyone in the driver's seat? Black interior? ]

Wait, are we talking about my dream???

TimSalewsky
05-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Yes. I have the same dream about the red Murcielago all of the time only I am in it and I am awake while I dream so I don't have the disappoinment of waking up and having my dream ending. :)

Tony_Ensemble
06-01-2003, 12:55 AM
Pass the pipe when your done, Tim.

TimSalewsky
06-01-2003, 01:02 AM
I didn't appreciate that.

Jetts
06-01-2003, 01:14 AM
Yes. I have the same dream about the red Murcielago all of the time only I am in it and I am awake while I dream so I don't have the disappoinment of waking up and having my dream ending. :)

that isnt a dream man it is a calling it is your murcielago calling to you

whispering "buy me" in your ear

lol sorry rather bored

and tony i'll pass it to you just you got to buy it im poor

SuPeRcAr_MaN
06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Well, in case you still care, no one was sitting in it at the time. It was cream intorior, but it looked kind of weird, as things sometimes do in dreams... Hopefully the dream will continue someday and I will climb in and go for a drive...

Tony_Ensemble
06-01-2003, 08:36 PM
No offense intended Tim my man. Just trying to be funny. It doesn't always pan out.

Sean
06-02-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble
No offense intended Tim my man. Just trying to be funny. It doesn't always pan out.

oh no, not another Tony joke :finger:

i thought it was funny

hiphophomer
06-05-2003, 08:16 PM
tony in real life have u ever did drugs:jump3::jump3::jump3::jump3::jump3:?

Doucette
06-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by jsb88
Metallic white:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=963189Wow. Very nice.

white2abbit
08-04-2003, 01:31 AM
A while back there was some discussion (in this post) about interiors. Personally, i love the custom interior one customer chose (pic taken at the lamborghini dealership in toronto, canada). Here, tell me if u like it. Tim, i'm sure you could have a similar interior in your rosso murci, just the red instead of the orange...anyways, enjoy!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/882099Untitled-2copy.jpg

TimSalewsky
08-05-2003, 12:58 AM
The two tone interiors are a lot of fun. Probably one of my favorite two tones that I have seen is a yellow with yellow and black interior. The yellow leather seems to go really well with the yellow paint. Although I've looked over a couple of red murcis with black leather and red stitching. It's very elegant with the all black and I like the look a lot. I think it looks better than the cream which I seen as well. We'll see. I do have a lot of interior ideas for most of the paint colors.

TimSalewsky
08-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Red one with creme. Black interior is still best. :cool:

Menu dei Motori
08-12-2003, 04:57 AM
wow nice:-)
do you have that bigger?

TimSalewsky
08-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori
wow nice:-)
do you have that bigger?