Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

00 Maxima Dies after 45 min of driving

joshhays5
05-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Runs and idles great. Just had a coil pack replaced to stop the engine from shaking. It seems that the hotter the temp is outside the faster the car will die after driving. Temp gauge never rises or falls. Once the car dies I can wait 5 min and start it right up and drive off (maybe for 10 more min). It seems like if I let it sit for an hour after driving it 45 min I can go for another 45 or so. Had the fuel pump replaced about 30k miles ago and I believe the filter is attached to the pump. I was told the filter isn't serviceable. Possible debris in line, cat, mas or wiring??? Help!!!

Nahkapohjola
05-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Runs and idles great. Just had a coil pack replaced to stop the engine from shaking. It seems that the hotter the temp is outside the faster the car will die after driving. Temp gauge never rises or falls. Once the car dies I can wait 5 min and start it right up and drive off (maybe for 10 more min). It seems like if I let it sit for an hour after driving it 45 min I can go for another 45 or so. Had the fuel pump replaced about 30k miles ago and I believe the filter is attached to the pump. I was told the filter isn't serviceable. Possible debris in line, cat, mas or wiring??? Help!!!

When the fault is 'ON', try the following:
- disconnect MAF ; it can short and kill engine. If this is the faulty part and is now disengaged, engine will start in safe mode = 2k rpm ceiling. (Check out beforehand how the MAF connector 'lock' opens)
- get a spare plug, pull off and attach it to the new coilpack, let plug rest on engine. Crank an see for spark... if u get spark, now u know that electronics work. Then its possibly fuel pump again?
- ign switch can wear out and cut off 'any time' causing blkout. How much used = mileage? Replace (60$). Are the panel lights illuminated when this occurs?

Add your comment to this topic!