Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Seafoaming 1998 Chevy venture through brake booster line

venturenot
05-21-2010, 03:47 PM
How do I remove brake booster vacuum line in order to seafoam my engine.

(1) Do I pull out circular topped check valve that plugs into brake booster and feed through valve

(2) Pull off hose that connects to valve

(1 & 2) Pull off check valve and then pull off hose and feed through hose.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/615d75f98b.jpg

lesterl
05-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I always pull the plastic elbow/ check valve out of the booster when removing that line.

venturenot
05-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok , then I remove the elbow check valve (that has a circular top) and then pull the hose off of the check valve and add seafoam? I want to be sure I know what I am doing before I start pulling on hoses and such. I don't want to create any problems.

lesterl
05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Just leave the check valve in the hose, it may be brittle and you dont want to break it. Just dump the seafoam in a little at a time into the plastic checkvalve. Pull the valve straight out of the booster. Push it straight back in, might put just a finger swipe of oil on the thing when putting back in if it is being obstinate.

venturenot
05-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Just curious. Can I pour the seafoam into the hose on top of the PCV valve?

lesterl
05-23-2010, 06:13 PM
If it has vacume on it you can pretty much use it. Dont pour it into the valvecover side of the PCV valve tho.

venturenot
05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
That was amazing. I started the engine and slowly poured 1/2 a bottle of seafoam into the pcv vacuum line and waited 7 minutes. I started up the car, revved the engine, and a ton of smoke came out of the exhaust - I am surprised no one called the police.

I have a 1998 chevy venture with a new remanned long block engine that was installed 25,000 miles ago. I can't believe all that came from the engine.

lesterl
05-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah, did the treatment on a 98 blazer of my brotherinlaws and it smoked half the day, did it on my 97 venture and saw a small ammount of smoke from under the hood and I found a defective donut gasket on the exhaust manifold plus a ton of black stuff on the ground under the tail pipe!!! ( it was actually in the snow so it was a good contrast ).

venturenot
05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't know, I am starting to wonder about this Sea Foam stuff. I added another half bottle to the intake today and it smoke as badly as before. Are you sure that they don't put something in there that produces smoke or amplifies the smoke already created. I do admit that horse power, throttle response and gas mileage have improved and I do believe the product works. I just wonder about all this smoke?

lesterl
05-26-2010, 09:37 PM
White smoke is mostly the stuff/ some carbon burning off, dont worry about it, I did my 97 3x before it quit putting off so much smoke and I drown it pretty good with the stuff.

Add your comment to this topic!