Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No spark, No fuel

nhspeeda
05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Have been reading the posts related to this subject on the forum...2000 Sebring Convertible...Sunday parked car, Monday no start...Monday PM...checked for codes....None....Checked again ...None... Read posts here on the forum...checked fuses and relays....all good....Checked spark, None...Checked for fuel at rail...none....Tues. had to work...Wed. Had Sebring TOWED to a Shop....Thursday they said it was the distributor....called them late in the afternoon.....said they had the car torn apart and that it wasn't the distributor and that they have no idea what is up....I asked how they got the codes and was told that they didn't get any....they were guessing.... said they were going to get it to a dealer....I said TOW IT back to me....SO... no codes, no spark, no fuel, Two stupid questions....(1) does the key have a resistor. does it need to be read so that the car starts...This does not have anti thief.... (2) when turning key to the on postion the check engine light drops out...shouldn't this stay on for a few seconds....HAVE MY HAYNES, and that doesn't have the wiring diagram for the 2000....

autotech234
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
This car does not have chip in key, I will post more info in few mins.

autotech234
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Tests/Procedures:
1. Using a scan tool, check the status of the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor and the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor when cranking.

2. If not present, check that each sensor has 8-9.5 volts on the Orange/White wire. The CMP sensor is built into the distributor.

3. Check for 5 volts on the Tan/Yellow wire with the distributor 6-pin connector unplugged.

4. Check for 5 volts on the Gray/Black wire with the CKP sensor unplugged.

5. Check that the distributor and CKP sensor have a good ground on the Black/Light Blue wire.

6. Check for a loose timing belt or broken flex plate, this could throw the motor out of sync.

Potential Causes:

Cam Angle (CMP) Sensor
Crank Angle Sensor (CKP)
Broken Flex Plate
Timing Belt
Tech Tips:
Both CMP and CKP signals are required by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to fire the coil and pulse the fuel injectors.

hundahunta
05-21-2010, 02:24 AM
possible crank sensor shorted

nhspeeda
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Replaced crank sensor....Started right up....There was missing insulation on one of the wires...Thank-You all for YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS!!!

hundahunta
05-23-2010, 03:08 AM
good to hear it's fixed. pretty common failure> crank sensor

Add your comment to this topic!