Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Think the current NSX is too expensive? Read this.

Blitzen
05-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Yep. Well it isn't. Heres why...

-If it was, then don't you think some authority regulating pricing would investigate Honda for overcharging?

-The Evo and STi here in the UK is the same cost as a 330 BMW. Skyline? Same power, same cost of LS430 here. But it is not a con because it has better technology (engine, chassis) and interior. But if you think the NSX is, then you can say the Skyline is. But it isn't. NSX is also a good tech car.

-Low units raise costs because of diseconomies of scale.

-Aluminium body. F1 technology. This costs a lot of money in itself. Sometimes moreso then the actual worth incorporated into the car. Honda were the first to have F1 tech in their car, at 1990, so you can't say it would be available cheaply. This was a risk, and Honda need to spend money on contingency plans. Cost in itself.

-A company has to make profit on their vehicles, even if the cost is too high for customers. If you want something, you've got to pay for it.

-The NSX-R does the 1/4 mile in 10.8 secs - same power, 'nuff said. Now imagine if it had twins.

-So many costs are incorporated into a very low production exotic. Moreso then just component costs. Markup, admin costs, costs for transportation, SVA costs, tax, dealer markup, other markups.

-At least this car is reliable. A Ferrari isn't. Its proven in tests, when not even treated to its realistic limits.

-An NSX is well built, bettter than its competitors. You pay for this, and reliability.

-This is not a ricer's dream car. Customers come from a background of not having the mentality that "Yes I am a ricer, and my dream car would be this".

-The NSX was not designed to be tuned because it is fast enough, yet it is tunable. NSX-R doesn't need much tuning - look above.

-Want to blame someone for the 290hp? Blame emmissions and the Gentlemens agreement in Japan (that law is stupid - it effects sales, the Jap economy; which is bad enough as it is; and the competitive nature of the car).

But I can guarantee (sp?) you on one thing. That is that if Porsche and Ferrari had the same external constraints as Honda, then you wouldn't see a better car, regardless of Porsche's or Ferrari's resources - whether better or not.

-If you don't like the car because of any reason (price or not - probably price for you people), then don't buy it.

-Don't question people who buy it. It is their decision, and they may be looking for something other than just straight performance, and the NSX may deliver on that.

-There is more to a car then just HP. Handling, weight - they all matter.

Blitzen
05-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, and the NSX-R beat a Murcielago around a track by 2 seconds. Same driver, etc. Every factor was constant, if I remember correctly.

Blitzen
05-04-2003, 01:06 PM
I know there are people here who do actually like the car.

KrNxRaCer00
05-05-2003, 03:19 AM
::raises hand:: i love that car...an no, im notta ricer, but its a car out there that is jus...a car u want in the future (im 18 now), but yes...i do like that car, an i don't think it's over-priced at all when compared to other super cars.

NSX FoYoAss
05-06-2003, 12:41 PM
I like the NSX!! :D
Z

NSXN8
05-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Blitzen,

Those are some very good points. In my opinion, the NSX is under priced. I agree with most of your comments, but where did you get your info on the NSX R? 1/4 in 10.8 seconds? The Maclaren F1 does it in 11.6; something isn't right here. But anyhow, thanks for sticking up for our beloved NSX!!!

-Nate

robh917
05-11-2003, 11:35 AM
I think the NSX is over priced, like all Acura's, but I'm still thinking of getting one. It's the closest I can get to an exotic. I'm only willing to spend $100K on my next car. I of course want a Murcielago but I don't see that happening. It's easy to understand why many people think the NSX is too expensive. It's difficult to spend $90K and settle for 290hp. For $90K, you expect to get at least 400hp. Blitzen said, "There is more to a car then just HP." That is true when you are talking about your average family car but this is a sports car, so it has to be compared to other sports cars in its price range. People buy sports cars mostly for how fast they move on the road. HP means nearly everything. For much less or the same, you can get 390-500hp through most other manufacturers. Unfortunately, I'm hooked on the look of the NSX, even though common sense tells me I should get a Viper. If I get an NSX, I have a feeling it will be a love/hate relationship.

NSX
05-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, just remember. Honda sells the car for less than they make it.

LSR
05-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I actually misread the data; the car does the quarter in about 12. Still, I think that more power IS needed. And I'm aware that Honda sell cars for less than they make it, but not very less and not on all cars :)

NSX
05-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by LSR
I actually misread the data; the car does the quarter in about 12. Still, I think that more power IS needed. And I'm aware that Honda sell cars for less than they make it, but not very less and not on all cars :)

Oh, I was referring to the NSX & S2000; perhaps there are more..

nefarious79
05-28-2003, 11:28 PM
hey but you can't just look at the horsepower rating. 1. where in the power curve does it have 290hp. 2. Honda could have understated to lower tax or whatnot. I don't think that hp would be that much of an issue if you had that much money, you'd probably get a Z for 60k cheaper if you were looking for that power. Personally I love the NSX.

C32Bperformance
06-28-2003, 10:25 PM
So I gotta ask... the NSX is underpowered (in terms of Horsepower) for its class as an exotic, and that is the reason its over priced? Weak.

Sometimes I wonder how other people cant see what the NSX truely is, when they are blinded by the name ferrari and lamborghini.

Honestly, if someone offered me a ferrari enzo for free, i take it in a heartbeat, sell it, and buy a f***ing NSX with the same 650hp (after a nice qball of FI of course), and then buy that house in alaska Ive always wanted... but hey why do we even argue with these people anymore?

I think the fact that NSX fanatics are so few and far between is a GOOD thing. How often do you see them on the road? and when you do are they modded? and if so how modded are they?

I think youll find the answers to those three questions are seldom, seldom, seldom. And i gotta say that as a honda enthusiat in general, you have already decided to drive the car that YOU want, and not be influenced by todays ricer insults, and so inadvertently you drive an NSX, as the car you want, and the car few people have anything to say about, know anything about, modify, and i mean hell the list goes on in originality.

let them trash the NSX, that means less people to buy one and deface it with trendy garbage. The NSX is the diamond in the rough, and in my humble opinion, it wouldnt be AS valuable if everyone wanted one... thanks, ill take the route less traveled.

DensoSupra
08-14-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Blitzen
-If it was, then don't you think some authority regulating pricing would investigate Honda for overcharging?

I don't know how it is in London but bloody hell, in America, a business could charge $8.4 million for a toothpick if they wanted to. Anyway...who's to say the NSX is overpriced? It's an unbelievable car. They were just assholes enough to stick to the 280bhp agreement. Honda could've easily given us a 450HP V8. Hell...look at the f20c, 120bhp/liter. Even though the new NSX's only have 290HP, they're faster then a 385bhp(?) Ferrari F355 and they handle better too from what I've read.

tran_nsx
09-14-2003, 12:38 PM
blitzen where u get that time for the nsx-r? please don't exaggerate, i don't see a 290hp car doing 10's. the mclaren f1, the fastest stock car made runs 11's and it has twice the power not to mention its 100lbs lighter. the nsx-r should be running lo 13's to maybe if lucky high 12's. to get into the 10's, it needs atleast 600 or more hp required from f/i. sorry to wake u up from ur wet dream, but someone has too. don't get me wrong, i love the nsx also. what ur stating is impossible even for honda, unless of course the nsx-r weighs next to nothing, which it doesn't.

DensoSupra
09-26-2003, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Blitzen]Yep. Well it isn't. Heres why...

-The NSX-R does the 1/4 mile in 10.8 secs - same power, 'nuff said. Now imagine if it had twins. QUOTE]

1) You mean you Brits don't have a free market economy?

2) The NSX-R does NOT do a 10.8 second 1/4 mile. It does a low 12.8 with a good driver. It can be tuned to run 10s but it sure as hell doesn't do it stock.

Great car...well worth the money. :iceslolan

93 NSX - $25,000

JDM C32B rear clip- $8,000.

Doesn't sound bad to me at all.

LSR
10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
I acknowledged my mistake about the NSX 1/4 mile time when I said it is 10.8, and not the 12 it does. Sorry :disappoin :banghead:

Sexy beast
10-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Sometimes I wonder how other people cant see what the NSX truely is, when they are blinded by the name ferrari and lamborghini.

The NSX is an imitation of a Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Honestly, if someone offered me a ferrari enzo for free, i take it in a heartbeat, sell it, and buy a f***ing NSX with the same 650hp (after a nice qball of FI of course), and then buy that house in alaska Ive always wanted... but hey why do we even argue with these people anymore?

You would do that because you're poor. Don't you get it yet?

I think the fact that NSX fanatics are so few and far between is a GOOD thing. How often do you see them on the road? and when you do are they modded? and if so how modded are they?

Why is that a GOOD thing? If a lot of people where driving the NSX...you would brag that it was the most popular car in the world.

The NSX is the diamond in the rough, and in my humble opinion, it wouldnt be AS valuable if everyone wanted one... thanks, ill take the route less traveled.

The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.

LjasonL
10-28-2003, 01:51 AM
You would do that because you're poor. Don't you get it yet?

So he would rather have a house and a nice car, instead of a really nice car that you can't drive anywhere and no house, because he's poor? :eek7: Remove your head from your ass please.

The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.

Bzzt, wrong. The NSX is made entirely by hand. Independent reviewers have actually said the Ferrari assembly line looks automated in comparison to the NSX line.

yellownsx
12-29-2003, 11:08 PM
The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.[/QUOTE]

Very funny.......NSX being Cheap or mass produced. When the NSX first showcased Ferrari didn't have a car that was as fast. The Ferrari is the Cheaper made car, Dispite the price. I'll take my NSX and you drive the Ferrari and we'll go across the country with them. I'm betting the Ferrari spends time in the garage While I just get an oil change ( But that IS the nature of the beast ). NSX owners also own or have owned other cars ( Including the forementioned Ferrari ), In case you didn't know it you do have to have SOME money to own one. A woman I know owns an NSX and her boyfriend just bought a Masarati Spyder. As far as the NSX being mass produced? Whats that you smokin'? (Can I have some? )
One person puts together all the NSX motors, The car is entirely hand built, And every car is Track Tested before it leaves the factory. In order to be among the people on the NSX team you have had to work for Honda for at least 10 years. How many Other cars have Standards like that? (cheap car?????)

tran_nsx
12-30-2003, 04:57 AM
i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy especially when i t does the 1/4 in the lo 13's. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.

DensoSupra
12-30-2003, 05:10 AM
i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.

The NSX is an exotic and a track car. You can't compare a true track car to the likes of camaro's and corvette's. I did once read an article comparing the Ferrari F355 and the Zenardi edition NSX. Not only did the NSX out accellerate the F355, but it made a lap time 2.5 seconds better then the ferrari. Were talking about a car made in 1990. Ferrari ain't got shit on Honda. I honestly believe that. Honda's engineers are all top-notch. It's just that honda is in the business of building econo cars and ferrari is in the business of superexotic sports cars. Not only does an NSX out accellerate an F355, but it gets much better gas efficiency with nearly the reliability of a civic. Also, if we compare the price of a new F355 vs. a new NSX, there is plenty of money saved -- enough to bring the NSX down to an 11.0 ET or maybe even better -- all motor.

tran_nsx
12-30-2003, 06:07 AM
two or three years ago motor trend or road and track did a comparison test of the 9 or 10 best and fastest cars made. guess what, on the track (not dragstrip) the nsx i believe got third, and this wasn't just any ordinary nsx but the zanardi edition nsx. can't quite recall who came in 1st and 2nd, but i believe it was one of the ferrari's and a corvette. they said the nsx handles superbly but what it was missing was what all the other cars had, POWER! the viper got like 5th or 6th because it's handling wasn't the best, but it did get first on the acceleration test on i believe. the cars were driven by a professional race car driver so it wasn't biased, i'll try to find the article and put it on here. i would still get the corvette ,s2k, and type-r over an nsx, no question about it. now i can drive change vehicles every day, wouldn't that be nice? instead of just having it sit in the garage because u don't want to add a lot of miles and worried about accidents and crap, i know this because my uncle has an nsx and he pampers her like a queen, the only time i seen him drive it is when he needs to back it out of his garage. if theres any real nsx owners out there, u know what i'm talking about.

DensoSupra
12-30-2003, 05:28 PM
the viper got like 5th or 6th because it's handling wasn't the best, but it did get first on the acceleration test on i believe.

If it was with a pro driver, that HAS to be wrong. Believe me when I say that (I hate domestics). Vipers are extremely hard to drive but will pull absolutely wonderfull track times with a good driver. An nsx would still rape the shit out of it if it had another 80whp.

the cars were driven by a professional race car driver so it wasn't biased, i'll try to find the article and put it on here. i would still get the corvette ,s2k, and type-r over an nsx, no question about it. now i can drive change vehicles every day, wouldn't that be nice? instead of just having it sit in the garage because u don't want to add a lot of miles and worried about accidents and crap, i know this because my uncle has an nsx and he pampers her like a queen, the only time i seen him drive it is when he needs to back it out of his garage. if theres any real nsx owners out there, u know what i'm talking about.

I fuckin hate people like that. Why spend all that money on a car if you're not gonna drive it? If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.

yellownsx
12-30-2003, 07:37 PM
i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy especially when i t does the 1/4 in the lo 13's. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.

Psst! News flash! In case you didn't know it a whole new NSX is comming out. Different motor, Different Trans.....Different CAR! They threw out everything in the current generation car (except the mid-engine) and are re-inventing it. Rumor has it that they are using a 3.5 liter engine but that could change by final production. Still "giving up" on the NSX? SHAME!

yellownsx
12-30-2003, 08:03 PM
If it was with a pro driver, that HAS to be wrong. Believe me when I say that (I hate domestics). Vipers are extremely hard to drive but will pull absolutely wonderfull track times with a good driver. An nsx would still rape the shit out of it if it had another 80whp.

I fuckin hate people like that. Why spend all that money on a car if you're not gonna drive it? If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.

WRONG! it Was a Road and Track artical and suprisingly the NSX DID place 3rd. Vipers are SUPER cars in a straight line but they are ZERO on a curved track. They had to slow the car down to do ANYTHING in a curve, This is where an NSX really shines, the car might as well be on rails as far as cornering.
I can show you a track in Wisconsin that a Ferrari, a ZO6, 2 lotus' and an NSX were racing. The 2 lotus' (which where set up for the track) where first around this twisty turny course, The NSX came in next closely followed by the Corvette........The Ferrari was a full lap behind these cars because the brake fluid had gotten so hot that they had to purge it a few laps back. (true story).

One other thought. I live in the North so my NSX is out normally about 7 months a year. I don't take it out on Cold or rainy days. lets face it, Its hard to admire a pretty car if it needs a wash. That said, I still managed to put 7,000 miles on it last year. My goal is it still have that car with 200K miles on it. So, Yes......I drive the $hit out of it!

tran_nsx
12-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Psst! News flash! In case you didn't know it a whole new NSX is comming out. Different motor, Different Trans.....Different CAR! They threw out everything in the current generation car (except the mid-engine) and are re-inventing it. Rumor has it that they are using a 3.5 liter engine but that could change by final production. Still "giving up" on the NSX? SHAME!

yes i heard about that, i believe its called the hsc or so something simliar to that. i was really excited about after hearing the news, even told a friend who has an nsx but i guess i was behind in the grapevine, he said he heard that rumor like two years ago and was getting tired of the wait. to make a long story short, i was really eager to find out this new model and and did some research. there was rumors it was going to be a v-8 while others said it would have around 400 hp. as it turns out they finally did make a newer model and yes it does look awesome, but still, one major discrepancy is the lack of power. yes it does have some more extra power though not enough to make the other cars run away in shame :banghead: . honestly, i don't know why they have to change its looks? that thing is beautiful just the way it is, what they do need to do is follow through on those rumors and get a v-8 in there with 400 hp. now this should keep my faith in the nsx.

tran_nsx
12-31-2003, 12:03 AM
If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.

its not as easy as u think and especially not as cheap. when u go up higher class of cars everything is alot more. one example would be f/i, a turbo kit for my integ would cost around 2500-3500, for an nsx, a kit would easily be around 10,000 and up.

if speed is what people want, it would just be alot easier and more cost effective to swap motors with a civic or crx with a highly built b18b or c and turbo the crap out of it to get 10's and 11's at half the price, even less if done right.

DensoSupra
12-31-2003, 02:27 AM

I like the current NSX. It's a great car and they can be had for cheap. You can get an early 1990's NSX with about 120k miles for about $20k. A JDM NSX-R C32B rear clip only costs $5,000 at osaka (comes with steering wheel, guagecluster and some other goodies). After that, get some racing seats, Honda emblems, rims, tires, coilovers, bodykit, hood, wing, headers, exhuast, cams, vtec controller (or roller rockers), a port & polsih, some valvetrain components, and a CAI. Also, maybe some weight reduction. After that, you'd have one phat, very fast ride.. For less then the price of a Z06 ( :greddy2: ), I might not have a new car but I'd have a much better [more superior] car.

I think the new HSC was supposed to cost like $130,000. In 10 years, they'll still cost $50,000 and only have 300hp. :(

DensoSupra
12-31-2003, 02:32 AM
its not as easy as u think and especially not as cheap. when u go up higher class of cars everything is alot more. one example would be f/i, a turbo kit for my integ would cost around 2500-3500, for an nsx, a kit would easily be around 10,000 and up.

I'm pretty sure there's some kits out there for $8,000. Turbos aren't very popular. Many more people tend to supercharge them for some reason. http://www.factorxengineering.com/ sells their FX500 turbo kit for the c30a for $18,500 (includes shipping of your car) and you get a bulletproof 500rwhp engine (I believe using a t3/t4). That is pricey but they build race engines...

tran_nsx
01-02-2004, 03:12 AM
I like the current NSX. It's a great car and they can be had for cheap. You can get an early 1990's NSX with about 120k miles for about $20k. A JDM NSX-R C32B rear clip only costs $5,000 at osaka (comes with steering wheel, guagecluster and some other goodies). After that, get some racing seats, Honda emblems, rims, tires, coilovers, bodykit, hood, wing, headers, exhuast, cams, vtec controller (or roller rockers), a port & polsih, some valvetrain components, and a CAI. Also, maybe some weight reduction. After that, you'd have one phat, very fast ride.. For less then the price of a Z06 ( :greddy2: ), I might not have a new car but I'd have a much better [more superior] car.

I think the new HSC was supposed to cost like $130,000. In 10 years, they'll still cost $50,000 and only have 300hp. :(

i believe u are confuse a bit, what u are describing is the usual riced out civic buyers, not an average nsx buyer. the nsx is in another class, people with these cars tend to live very comfortably who isn't worried about modifications so i highly doubt they would go the route u mention at all. think about it, if u were making 100,000+ a year would u want a used highly mileaged exotic sports car or would u want a new or almost new sports car?

also, since the corvette is in discussion, have u seen the new 2004-5 yet? oh man those are freaken awesome!!! they now have the looks, and already the price and the power (400hp) to beat the nsx whether on the track or the strip. now i love the nsx, but honda have got to pull thier heads out of thier a$$!

yellownsx
01-02-2004, 10:00 PM
also, since the corvette is in discussion, have u seen the new 2004-5 yet? oh man those are freaken awesome!!! they now have the looks, and already the price and the power (400hp) to beat the nsx whether on the track or the strip. now i love the nsx, but honda have got to pull thier heads out of thier a$$!

The New NSX is going to have 350 to 380 horse, Depending on weight and drag it might contend with the new Corvette, but certainly not the 500 hp ZO6

tran_nsx
01-02-2004, 11:09 PM
The New NSX is going to have 350 to 380 horse, Depending on weight and drag it might contend with the new Corvette, but certainly not the 500 hp ZO6

where are u getting the numbers for the nsx?

DensoSupra
01-03-2004, 12:57 AM
i believe u are confuse a bit, what u are describing is the usual riced out civic buyers, not an average nsx buyer. the nsx is in another class, people with these cars tend to live very comfortably who isn't worried about modifications so i highly doubt they would go the route u mention at all. think about it, if u were making 100,000+ a year would u want a used highly mileaged exotic sports car or would u want a new or almost new sports car?

Check out NSXprime.com.. that board is mostly NSX owners. Many of them have kits, wings, rims, and engine modifications. Remember, the number one consumer complaint was that the car is underpowered. BTW, $100,000 a year is (in most cases) not enough to be spending $85,000 on a car.

[QUOTE=tran_nsx]

An NSX with 290hp and JDM gears runs 12.8's. A 405hp Z06 does a 12.9. :uhoh:

A 500hp vette could NOT take an NSX on a track unless it was composed mainly of long straights. I expect the new vette would run viper-like speeds of low 12's. A 390hp NSX would rip the balls off that vette but sadly, I doubt honda would give the new NSX (HSC, whatever) more then 350hp. In one article, I heard it would be powered by a 300hp 3.5L V6. In another, they said the same thing except that the it would also have 2 55hp (each) electric motors that charge kinetically driving the front wheels.

DensoSupra
01-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Btw, how would you know what an average NSX owner desires from a car? Check out NSXprime.com. The board is filled with NSX owners and enthusiests. Many, many people there have things like body kits, rims, wings, engine mods.....

NSX's look much better if you just drop them. Buy a bodykit and MOST of the kits (IMO) will make the car look 1000x better.

NarutoRamen
01-03-2004, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=tran_nsx]i believe u are confuse a bit, what u are describing is the usual riced out civic buyers, not an average nsx buyer. the nsx is in another class, people with these cars tend to live very comfortably who isn't worried about modifications so i highly doubt they would go the route u mention at all. QUOTE]

Dude...the nsx driver you're describing is an Businessman who has shitload of money...and wants to show off his car because it costs alot..

Have you seen the true NSX owners...check out the 30+ year olds in Japan....they have spent over 100 grand modding the shit out of their NSX....they know what they're doing...just because someone puts on a body kit on their car doesn't automatically make them a ricer. If you're going to say anything about an NSX know that it doesn't just exist in one part of the world...it exists everywhere.

People put bodykits on their M3s....does it make them ricers....NO!!!
If you don't know then don't say anything.

I'm out....

tran_nsx
01-03-2004, 02:16 AM
Dude...the nsx driver you're describing is an Businessman who has shitload of money...and wants to show off his car because it costs alot..

Have you seen the true NSX owners...check out the 30+ year olds in Japan....they have spent over 100 grand modding the shit out of their NSX....they know what they're doing...just because someone puts on a body kit on their car doesn't automatically make them a ricer. If you're going to say anything about an NSX know that it doesn't just exist in one part of the world...it exists everywhere.

People put bodykits on their M3s....does it make them ricers....NO!!!
If you don't know then don't say anything.

I'm out....

are we in japan or are we in the united states? case close.

tran_nsx
01-03-2004, 02:18 AM
An NSX with 290hp and JDM gears runs 12.8's. A 405hp Z06 does a 12.9. :uhoh:

please give me the link where u got these times from.

DensoSupra
01-03-2004, 02:47 AM
please give me the link where u got these times from.

Temple of V-Tec videos. It was a JDM NSX Type S. 290hp... difference in speed is soley from a different final drive which can be bought for $150.

Also, times posted on nsxprime have shown the same numbers.

DensoSupra
01-03-2004, 02:48 AM
Btw, we're talking post '96 C32B NSX's.

tran_nsx
01-03-2004, 02:55 AM
Btw, how would you know what an average NSX owner desires from a car? Check out NSXprime.com. The board is filled with NSX owners and enthusiests. Many, many people there have things like body kits, rims, wings, engine mods.....

NSX's look much better if you just drop them. Buy a bodykit and MOST of the kits (IMO) will make the car look 1000x better.

i know three nsx owners personally which might not seem alot but it is. some people never even seen an nsx in real life not to mention those who don't even know what it is. one of the owners belongs to an nsx club in sillicon valley so if i wanted too i can be introduce to many more, but why? everyone of those guys probably have tons of money not to mention better cars such as the nsx owner i know who also has a 360 but i don't know if he sold it for a gallardo or not. all three owners are in thier 40's (one of them happens to be my uncle) and none of them have stickers, emblems, wings, or kits. all of them like the stock appearance, however; two of the owners felt it wasn't fast enough so the only moddification was a turbocharger.

DensoSupra
01-03-2004, 04:17 AM
i know three nsx owners personally which might not seem alot but it is. some people never even seen an nsx in real life not to mention those who don't even know what it is. one of the owners belongs to an nsx club in sillicon valley so if i wanted too i can be introduce to many more, but why? everyone of those guys probably have tons of money not to mention better cars such as the nsx owner i know who also has a 360 but i don't know if he sold it for a gallardo or not. all three owners are in thier 40's (one of them happens to be my uncle) and none of them have stickers, emblems, wings, or kits. all of them like the stock appearance, however; two of the owners felt it wasn't fast enough so the only moddification was a turbocharger.

True, most NSX's have ZERO mods. Too bad for them.

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Burn-Up/bumper_large.jpg

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Burn-Up/001[1].jpg

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Burn-Up/002[1].jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031010/IMG_2499.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031010/IMG_2507.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p556710e8e29a053d23b1ea800ed29d16/fc1e2d91.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031010/IMG_2524.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031011/IMG_3280.JPG

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031011/IMG_3282.JPG

http://www.nsxprime.com/Events/2003/nsxpo2003/20031011/IMG_3293.JPG

Looks tacky... needs paint ^^^^

<edit> forgot a few....

http://www.stranglethecat.com/Uploads/1/1253.jpg

http://www.stranglethecat.com/Uploads/1/5252.jpg

yellownsx
01-03-2004, 07:43 AM

I'll have to dig for them again but saw them within the last too weeks. The numbers DID come from a Honda rep.

pimp_squeak
01-03-2004, 01:13 PM
why do ppl quote HP number for the quartermile times? it's the torque curve you look at fewels. anyways, NSX is sweet....although it is overpriced... *shrug* to each his own

tran_nsx
01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
heres a link to which tells 1/4 mile times and many other things on sport cars, just go to the nsx and corvette zo6 to compare
http://tuneman1.tripod.com/index.html

yellownsx
01-04-2004, 08:42 AM

This is not the artical I was looking for but this one quotes 350 hp
and a small 50hp electric motor
http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/story/0,4567,98477,00.html?

sgvprelude
08-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey trans_nsx

Don't forget the new corvettes awesome new technology!

LEAFSPRINGS!!

according to this site http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/index.shtml

new technology:
keyless access with push start, dvd navigation

IMO your paying for a plastic car with a big motor.

NSX-R
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I think you mean the nsx-r does the quarter mile in 12.8

PeTroL420
01-09-2005, 10:48 PM
I've been a Honda fan since I've been 12. I'm 30 now. I've always had a personal bias for Honda since they've always done things their way. From the humble beginning of Soichiro Honda putting gas engines on bicycles after WWII to Honda being the second largest car manufacturer in Japan today. I think I know a little about Honda. With that said, I must say that the NSX is an overpriced outdated underpowered machine. When the car was introduced in 1990, it was a technological marvel. It was the first production car to be made entirely out of aluminum and the first production car to have Variable Valve Timing (VTEC). Honda achieved the power to weight ratio they desired and extensively tweaked the handling on the track with the late, great Ayrton Senna, one of the best Formula 1 drivers of all time. When first introduced, the NSX was an amazing car that put shame to the best Europe had to offer. But that was then, this is now. The minor updates, and I mean minor haven't been enough to keep the NSX the badass it use to be. The competition has way surpassed the NSX and left it eating their dust. Hell, even the Subaru WRX STI or Mitsu EVO MR can keep pace with an NSX for way less money. For the price of what an NSX costs today, roughly $90,000, you could get a new Porsche Carerra S, Dodge Viper GTS, Maserati Coupe, the upcoming Aston Martin AMV8, and my favorite bang for the buck, a new Corvette. All the cars I have mentioned have way more horsepower and except the Maserati could spank on an NSX and they all roughly cost the same, except the Vette. I think people have a misconception that these cars have bad handling. These people must not read mags like Car & Driver or Road & Track religiously. All the cars I've mentioned handle excellently and would give an NSX a run for its money around a track. Someone mentioned earlier that the new Vette uses Leaf Springs. They're not the regular leaf springs like those found on Trucks, they're composite transverse leaf springs. To tell you the truth, I don't know what advanatages they have but they must work because the Vette handles great. a few years ago, Car & Driver took a Viper GTS and challenged Cycle World to a dual around a track. They used a Kawasaki ZX-10. Around the track, The Viper was faster than the bike. With all this said, Honda needs to get off its ass and start producing cars that offer real usable power. But I think I'll be dissapointed with Honda. Although the new RL has 300 ponies, It still uses a V6 and no matter how technologically advanced that engine is, its no match for a V8. I also hear that the new NSX will stick with a V6 and have some kind of hybrid technology which is highly likely since Honda is touting it's new Accord hybrid V6 as the best compromise between performance and gas mileage. Oh yeah, to all the Honda fanboys and NSX owners, please no flaming. I'm just being objective.

yellownsx
01-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Hell, even the Subaru WRX STI or Mitsu EVO MR can keep pace with an NSX for way less money. .

I really want to see either of those cars maintain 170 MPH for an hour.
By the way the new Corvette couldn't do it (stock) either! The chip
thats in it wouldn't allow it without re-burning it! ( that is so a police
interceptor could stop it ) thats Sucks but it's the case! Also the case
with Many cars made by GM.

Yes, it's time for a change, And Honda agrees The replacement for the
NSX makes its Debut the end of this year. The HSC comes out about
October (if the date hasn't changed)

AcesHigh
01-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I really want to see either of those cars maintain 170 MHP for an hour

Agreed! Straight line acceleration isn't everything. In fact, its quite boring to watch.

PeTroL420
03-30-2005, 07:49 PM

Well, Ok. The Mitsu or the Subie wouldn't be able to reach the top speed of an NSX (which is 168mph, btw) but they would be able to keep pace from stoplight to stoplight. Also, it's not like the NSX could get up to 168mph just like that. You'd need quite a bit of space to get to that speed. Let's put it this way. If the NSX were to come around turn 4 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it wouldn't be able to reach top speed before turn 1. You'd need more straightaway because 224 lb-ft of torque isn't enough twisting power.

Also, what do you mean about the chip and re-burning it? I didn't get that part.

yellownsx
03-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Also, what do you mean about the chip and re-burning it? I didn't get that part.

If you push a stock out of the box Corvette ZO6 to 150 MPH try to hold it....You can't! The computer won't let you! The computer will slow you down and you will at some point be maintaining something like 120 MPH...or less!. GM has this "feature" built into the car so that a police interceptor will be able to catch it. GM knows that a police interceptor could not keep pace with this car so has robed the computer of the ability to maintain high speeds. For now, if you reburn the chip you can get all of the performance you deserveout of the car. Now they are starting to build another "feature" into the cars. The American car companies (not sure about the foreign companies yet) are making the computers so that a municiple car will be able to shut down your cars systems so that he does not have to pursue you at high speed. Worse is that it is not just ONE chip that you can reburn. there are suppose to be several in it so that if you change the main chip there are backup systems to shut you down.This "feature" was started in 2004 so that the "guns", if you will, won't be in use for a few more years.....Stick with older cars!

Also...I can reach 170..I just did a simple exhaust change!

V T E C H
03-31-2005, 06:18 PM
NSX is an amazing car, there is one yellow one that is in my area, i see it from time to time... amazing. As for preformance, i think it is a great value, its like an econmic super car. I would get one just for looks, and then mod it cuz they look so sweet

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 06:37 PM
When the NSX first showcased Ferrari didn't have a car that was as fast.

The Ferrari F40 is faster.

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
check here for information on the new Corvette Z06

New Corvette Z06 (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=420611)

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
WRONG! it Was a Road and Track artical and suprisingly the NSX DID place 3rd. Vipers are SUPER cars in a straight line but they are ZERO on a curved track. They had to slow the car down to do ANYTHING in a curve, This is where an NSX really shines, the car might as well be on rails as far as cornering.
I can show you a track in Wisconsin that a Ferrari, a ZO6, 2 lotus' and an NSX were racing. The 2 lotus' (which where set up for the track) where first around this twisty turny course, The NSX came in next closely followed by the Corvette........The Ferrari was a full lap behind these cars because the brake fluid had gotten so hot that they had to purge it a few laps back. (true story).

One other thought. I live in the North so my NSX is out normally about 7 months a year. I don't take it out on Cold or rainy days. lets face it, Its hard to admire a pretty car if it needs a wash. That said, I still managed to put 7,000 miles on it last year. My goal is it still have that car with 200K miles on it. So, Yes......I drive the $hit out of it!

The 1998 Viper GTS-R won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the GTS class.

http://fast-autos.net/dodge/98gtsr3.jpg

The 1999 Viper GTS-R won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the GTS class and took the overall win at the 24 Hours of Daytona.

http://fast-autos.net/dodge/99gtsr3.jpg

Tommy Archer won the 2004 Speed World Challenge GT Drivers’ Championship in a Dodge Viper Competition Coupe.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey trans_nsx

Don't forget the new corvettes awesome new technology!

LEAFSPRINGS!!

according to this site http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/index.shtml

new technology:
keyless access with push start, dvd navigation

IMO your paying for a plastic car with a big motor.

GM's main reason for using the transverse leafs, front and rear, on the C5 (applicable to the C6 as well) is, believe it or not, space.

To do a proper coil-over suspension, the shocks on the car would need to be mounted at a more vertical angle. This would require not only redesigning the lower control arm (no big deal) but also the upper shock tower (big deal.) Said redesigned shock tower would cut into the rear storage compartment (no big deal) and, up front, the engine compartment (REALLY big deal.)

The leafs allow the shocks to be mounted at a slightly more horizontal angle, thereby lowering the shock tower and not cutting into interior space.

As for advantages vs. disadvantages, there aren't many at all. Seperate coil-overs offer you independent wheel adjustments, allowing you to change the spring rate on the front right wheel without affecting the rate on the front left, if you desired. Over-all, the 4 coils may actually be a tad bit lighter than the two big leafs. In reality, those are the only two advantages coil-overs have.

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 07:10 PM

check here for the record-breaking Corvette ZR-1

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_records.htm

ediddy310
07-20-2005, 03:36 AM
I love my nsx and I dont regret getting it.....looked at m3, m5, porches, supras, rx7s, skylines but something just drew me to the nsx... since i was a kid it always looked sexy and exotic.....I am glad and fortunate to finally own one =)

crorc
09-16-2005, 08:23 PM
two or three years ago motor trend or road and track did a comparison test of the 9 or 10 best and fastest cars made. guess what, on the track (not dragstrip) the nsx i believe got third, and this wasn't just any ordinary nsx but the zanardi edition nsx. can't quite recall who came in 1st and 2nd, but i believe it was one of the ferrari's and a corvette. they said the nsx handles superbly but what it was missing was what all the other cars had, POWER! the viper got like 5th or 6th because it's handling wasn't the best, but it did get first on the acceleration test on i believe. the cars were driven by a professional race car driver so it wasn't biased, i'll try to find the article and put it on here. i would still get the corvette ,s2k, and type-r over an nsx, no question about it. now i can drive change vehicles every day, wouldn't that be nice? instead of just having it sit in the garage because u don't want to add a lot of miles and worried about accidents and crap, i know this because my uncle has an nsx and he pampers her like a queen, the only time i seen him drive it is when he needs to back it out of his garage. if theres any real nsx owners out there, u know what i'm talking about.

So the NSX got third......Gee that's bad in that lineup?

I drive my NSX every chance I get! If it is real bad weather, I drive my ford Explorer, but I always drive the NSX whenever and for whatever reason I can. It is a reliable Honda. I think your post of your Uncle is not the norm. I know many NSX drivers that always drive their cars.

Oh, I got mine for 26k and it is perfect inside and out. and runs perfect...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTQxMDY3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA1MTcwNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!