injector poppett sequence

skip a
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Just changed the spider, appears I may have alterted the placement sequence of the poppetts. Anyone know the correct placement sequence, or where I might find it?

Scrapper
05-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Just changed the spider, appears I may have alterted the placement sequence of the poppetts. Anyone know the correct placement sequence, or where I might find it?

so you have mutiport fuel injection? i'd get a haynes manul and you can get them at zone or advaced for about 20 bucks. you can go on zone and tipe your car in and see if you can up with autozone.com.

old_master
05-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Save your money with the Haynes manual. Their information is either incorrect, incomplete, or totally missing. What year is your S10 and what is the 8th character of the VIN? If you have a CMFI system, there is no sequence, the injector is batch fired so it doesn't matter where you plug them into the intake manifold. If you have a CSFI system, it's marked on the injector housing: front to rear passenger side, 2, 4, 6. Driver side front to rear, 1, 3, 5.

skip a
05-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the advice, I do have a Haynes, not of much use. Also, I did discover the injector is not-sequential, doesn't matter which position the poppet is placed. Thanks for the replies! Skip

Add your comment to this topic!