Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Intrepid Transmission

ygdude
05-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Our intrepid 3.5L with 135000 miles has been acting up a bit. Its had a couple hard shifts over the last few days/week that almost seemed like an engine hesitation, and this morning when slowing down from highway speed into a small town, it abruptly shifted down to 2nd and stayed there like its in "limp mode" ??.

Pulled over and checked fluid.
Level looked good and smelled ok but has a brown tinge to the pink fluid.

Started to go again and it still wouldn't shift.

Pulled over and shut car off. Checked codes P700 and P138.

Started car up and it shifted fine for the next 28 miles. Shut car off and parked it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

divot91
07-31-2010, 12:19 PM
hey yg, i have the same problem, lately ive been disconnecting the negetive terminal on the battery and waiting about 5 min. then hooking terminal back up and it seems to work for a while, but, it will happen again and again and again. someone told me its the (input sensor) for the tranny,they say its a factory part. been having trouble finding a part # for the sensor. if you find out anything please post back. good luck yg

stlrj
08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
. someone told me its the (input sensor) for the tranny,they say its a factory part. been having trouble finding a part # for the sensor. if you find out anything please post back. good luck yg

It's the solenoid pack. On the 02's to 04's it's a chronic problem.

Add your comment to this topic!