Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Tahoe rumble

Dougalass
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I have a 99 Tahoe 2 door with 141K on it and I am having a slight rumble once I get above 40 mph. I changed the plugs, wires, and distributor cap. I also just replaced the rear driveshaft U joints expecting that to be the problem since it has before but I still have it. The tires I have are Wrangler Armortrac 265 75R16. Any ideas? Thanks.

j cAT
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I have a 99 Tahoe 2 door with 141K on it and I am having a slight rumble once I get above 40 mph. I changed the plugs, wires, and distributor cap. I also just replaced the rear driveshaft U joints expecting that to be the problem since it has before but I still have it. The tires I have are Wrangler Armortrac 265 75R16. Any ideas? Thanks.

did you ever remove access cover , and inspect,clean, and replace the rear diff / fluid ?????

Dougalass
05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Nope its looking like that is the next route to go. Thanks.

j cAT
05-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Nope its looking like that is the next route to go. Thanks.

the rear diff requires the inspection cover to be removed..the fluid usually needs replacing every 30-45,ooomi...the gears,box,magnet needs cleaning,,,,lots of metal dust in there...

when the quick lube shops do this they do not clean anything..they suck out /drain out old fluid install new into the debris ladden differential ...

use mineral spirits and a cloth to wipe off the goo...

Add your comment to this topic!