mustang

kozmicgirl
05-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello i need help with a 95 mustang it will crank and run for a while but cut out what would make it do that thanks for all the help. The coil packs , EGR and the EGR Solenoid plus TPS have been changed it will start right back up but want stay running keep cut out.

Blue)(Fusion
05-15-2010, 08:58 PM
When running is the CEL on? Did you check for any stored codes, even ones that might not light the CEL? Also what engine do you have (the 5.0 is only OBD-I and the V-6 is OBD-II according to what I read)

While it's running does the idle sound normal or is it erratic? Did you check the IAC valve for proper operation? These tend to get dirty and stick when they get old or on their way out the door. It is located on the intake plenum and is held on bu two 10mm bolts. Remove it, clean it with carb cleaner, and reinstall to see if it helps any.

If the idle is more erratic, check sensors. Try cleaning the MAF sensor with CRC MAF Cleaner.

kozmicgirl
05-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Hello again it have a 3.8L and could you tell me how much pressure should the pressure gauge read and it ilde normal. fuel line

Blue)(Fusion
05-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Which pressure gauge? If you are talking about the oil pressure gauge on the dash, it is not a real gauge - it only tells you IF you have pressure or not. (see [utl=http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122013]this[/url] link).

Add your comment to this topic!