Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

BCM,PCM, or just plain electircal issue

tonybond
05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
okay so i slowly losing my patience with my car, I love my 2002 monte ss but its gonna put me into a early grave lol. so anyway here is my million dollar question....I am having speratic electrical issues and I am not sure if they all tie into one problem or multiple ones. I am not sure if my PCM or BCM needs to be reprogrammed or if its another fault here is a list of what is wrong any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 power door locks inop
2 windows and sunroof open and close with keys out of car and button is pushed
3 volt meter is not working
4 day time running lights are not coming on
5 radio is locked
6 cruise control only works half the time
7 battery light, securtiy, service vehicle soon light in the messege center are flashing

like i said any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

maxwedge
05-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd start with a full scan for bcm and pcm codes.

BIGAL131
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
My BCM didnt store any codes for the problems similar to yours....i have a 2002 Monte SS and experienced weird electrical issues....The Chevy dealer wanted way too much for a new replacement BCM so i ordered it from believe it not Amazon.com...they had a new BCM for $125.00 with free shipping from Delco.I ordered it...took it to the Chevy dealer for installation and programming to my VIN codes......car runs perfect now with no issues...an educated guess on my part which worked out fine but dont pay dealer prices...they are a ripp off!.....$240 dealer price verses $125.00 amazon.com price. The part number for the 2002 Monte SS BCM is GM part # 10350647

Add your comment to this topic!