Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Altima problems

mikeSONICGSR
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
On Friday I bought a 99 Nissan Altima. I am new to Nissans, so after driving it one day the SES light came on. Took it to autozone and read a P0325 knock sensor, after researching this seems to be a common problem. I also noticed after stopping it will idle at 1500 for a few seconds then drop to a normal idle. The I also noticed I was leaking oil or tranny fluid, underneath i would say the dashoboard, to get a visual or a few inches from the front wheels in the middle. I checked it and it has a bluish tint to it and it is near the driver side front wheel.

Two other things I noticed today is a clanking when the car jerks almost sounds like a loose muffler. 2nd, when i let off of the gas the shifter bounces a bit, it has a been over 5 years since I driven 5sp daily so maybe this is normal.

Should I be concerned about the knock sensor and should I take it to a Nissan dealer to have it checked out.

It's a 5sp with 157k miles.

I did search on the topics but I wanted another opinion.

mikeSONICGSR
05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok it appars that it is leaking from the axle area.

mikeSONICGSR
05-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Ok it appears that it is leaking from the axle area.

mikeSONICGSR
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Finally got a good answer the axle/input shaft is bad and also all 4 motor mounts. It is 600 to get the motor mounts replaced, how easy would this be to diy? Also, if I don't fix the right away will it affect the axle seal after it is replaced?
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

Add your comment to this topic!