Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Problem

raju_747
05-02-2003, 05:40 PM
I have noticed my 2000 accord become jerky when it shifts the gear.
This is more prominent when I slow down the car to about 30 mph in a turn and give gas again.It looks like ther is some problem in the Automatic transmission. What is gone bad and how much is it going to cost me.
Any help please.

b16a3sol
05-02-2003, 06:28 PM
the first thing you can do is make sure there is enough tranny fluid in there.

it sounds to me like its working fine, though. if you havent looked at how an auto tranny works, check it out on www.howstuffworks.com. the fluid in the tranny has had enough time to settle down during the turn, then you give it gas and spin it up real fast again. this is faster than the blades attached to the wheels can accelerate, so you feel a jerk when they are forced to catch up.

if you want a car that doesnt do that, buy a nice lexus, those, and some bmws i have driven have figured out how to get rid of that. your accord is a little cheaper than those cars, so you have to live with a little discomfort. most mercedes, on the other hand, experience the same thing, so dont feel too bad.

lorunner
05-04-2003, 10:00 AM
if you are taking a turn and you slow down then get back on it and it almost feels like the car is searching for a gear is normal. I f it jerks when it shifts or when you go into passing gear its probably not normal. Take it to the Dealor is it concerns you the 2000 and 2001 accords, preludes and odyssey have an extension on there transmisions for 7 years.

Peeng
05-25-2003, 02:18 PM
there are few reasons ur tranny will feel like crap if u have a 98+ accord,if you don't let it warm up, if you have low fluids, if by chance, you got one of the defective ones (like mine) which works but will break down soon. the dealerships will honor your warrenty as long as you didn't modify it but you should call and ask. if you have a 98-01, you probably have the extended warrenty.

lorunner
05-27-2003, 04:56 PM
the warrenty extension is only for 00-02 accords

BullShifter
05-28-2003, 01:33 AM
Its only V6 cars/vans 7yr-100k. If you have problem you must provide maint. records or they will deny your warranty claim. Working @ a honda dealer we installed atleast 10 auto trans a week. Some times a car would require the replacement of the trans 3 or 4 times to correct the problem. Honda did a good one! Check All Data (www.alldata.com) 98-061 NOV 01 A/T - In-Warranty Exchange Program

lorunner
05-29-2003, 07:52 PM
what are you talking aboot, 98-061 is just that an in-warrenty exchange program no were on that SB does it say its an extension, it to file a warrenty claim. 7yrs/100k is for a certified use car, 98 and 99's do not have a warrenty after 3/36.

Add your comment to this topic!