Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 neon crazy hesitation when I turn right?!?!

gohann
05-06-2010, 02:50 AM
I have a 1999 dodge neon R/T DOHC. When im driving down the road the car dose fine until I make a right hand turn, than it hesitates and learches like crazy but when I turn the wheel back straight or to the left it runs fine. I changed the fuelpump but now im getting a code 42, im at a loss. Also while making right hand turns olnly the speedometer jumps up and down, not sure if the two are conected but maybe worth mentioning. If anyone has ever seen something...anything like this please let me know, im close to selling the car and really dont want to I love it. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!

mikeburrit01
05-07-2010, 12:39 AM
does it do the same when you're parked? it may be the power steering pump?

gohann
05-13-2010, 09:39 PM
No, it will not hesitate when at idle, the powersteering pump belt is currently off the car and there are also new developments.......now the tempeaure needle will show the car overheating during right hand turns and begin to cool with left turns and while dirving in a straight line. Think you so much for all your help and your post.

Johnobub
05-15-2010, 01:15 PM
No, it will not hesitate when at idle, the powersteering pump belt is currently off the car and there are also new developments.......now the tempeaure needle will show the car overheating during right hand turns and begin to cool with left turns and while dirving in a straight line. Think you so much for all your help and your post.

I have a 1999 Dodge Neon and also had this right turn problem resulting in engine stalling.
The engine harness runs along the engine and vibration could have caused an open circuit.
Check the wire from the coil going into the engine harness. You will have to remove the wiring harness dressing tape and follow it (the coil wire) to where it connects in the engine harness. Resolder the wire and that should fix the error 42 problem.
The temperature gauge problem could be a corroded temp sensor connection or possibly be traced to the coil connection in the harness. You need to check the coil connection first then if the temp gauge still isn't working after resoldering the coil wire, clean the temp sensor connection and test again. Post on here the results after doing these things.
Good luck.

gohann
05-29-2010, 07:05 PM
thank you so much for the tip and i will be posting soon with th results

Add your comment to this topic!