Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing trim panel front front door on a '98???

ddax
05-05-2010, 06:43 PM
How do you remove the interior trim panel from the front door of a '98?
The power window will not go down. I'd like to take a look inside and see if I can fix it.
It was binding and would not come up. A local body shop lubricated it and had it working fine for a few days. Now it is up and does nothing.

Thank you

LearnAutoBody
05-11-2010, 03:02 PM
What kind of 98 is it?

mrd2001
05-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Need more info to help, is it a olds 98 or a 1998 something. Be more specific.

ddax
05-14-2010, 10:23 PM
'98 Ford Expedition 4WD - kind of a necessary piece of information if anyone is going to be able to help me! The passenger side window will not go down.

I had also posted the question on the Expedition board and then came here not thinking about the vehicle type not being a part of the board(and I think I'll be competent to try and fix it??).

A week ago the window started to work normally when I tried it. The next day it was stuck in the up position again, and remains that way. Response, or lack of it, is the same with the window switches on both the driver and passenger door.

Thank you

LearnAutoBody
05-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Dave, This is a common problem, which will require you to replace the window regulator. For the 98 Ford Expedition asked about I have included a link that will give you additional information CLICK HERE (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/common/repairInfoMain.jsp?leftNavPage=productsHowTo&partCode=0900c15280213e80&title=Window+Lift+Motor&targetPage=productInformation) If there is no binding noise when pushing the switch, it may be the switch. Probably one of those two things. However, it's impossible to guarantee any diagnosis without actually seeing the vehicle. This is only a suggestion. If not experienced with this type of work, you will probably be better off taking this type of repair to a auto repair of body shop that has the tools and equipment to properly diagnosis and repair it.

Add your comment to this topic!