Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'04 Trailblazer Ext air conditioning problem

MPO85
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
The air conditioning on my '04 Trailblazer Ext. 41K started blowing warm air. Took it to the Chev dealer charged and put dye in the system to see where the leak was. The service tech found the leak in a one of the two lines that runs to the rear air conditioning. I was told the lines run between the frame and the body on each side. To replace the complete line they would have to separate the body from the frame. An easier fix would be to splice a piece of line at the leak location. Cost of the line: $500.00. Labor to get at the leak would depend on where the leak is. I asked if the remainder of the old line was deteriorating, would you have to splice in another piece later. The tech said, yes. They would cut another piece from the remainder of the new line. He also said that the line on the other side can have the same problem. Total cost will be over $1000.00. If anyone knows of another way to fix this or had this problem, please let me know.

maxwedge
05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd have this rechecked at a reliable ac repair shop.

debkev
07-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Change out the inline filter.

maxwedge
07-03-2010, 03:37 PM
And if it is clogged , then how do you address the contamination, it is not just that simple assuming that is the issue, this can only be determined by doing hi/lo pressure tests.

Add your comment to this topic!