gauge light 04 TB

svotta
04-30-2010, 08:55 PM
On my 2004 TB EXT a light is out on the gauge where the RPM's are. The other lights are ligting up but that one. I know how to take aprt the dash. but how do you replace that light. Thanks

ff-racer
10-19-2010, 05:36 PM
On my 2004 TB EXT a light is out on the gauge where the RPM's are. The other lights are ligting up but that one. I know how to take aprt the dash. but how do you replace that light. Thanks

I have recently done this (and other bulbs). These are 12 volt "wheat" bulbs surface mounted on the circuit board. I think Radio Shack sells them special order.
The trick is remove cluster and protective bezel only. Put some easy remove masking tape under each needle. Start car and after all gauges reset shut off and carefully mark the tips of each. Carefully pry each needle off, then remove gauge cover. The bulbs are a little tricky to solder because they sit on a plastic block, but it can be done.
After replacement, reassemble cluster without bezel and needles. Start car as before, then shut off. Carefully push each needle partly on aligning to you marks on the tape just enough not to slip.
Restart car and shut off again checking alignment. Once Ok, push them home and reinstall the bezel.
The bulbs I found were I think 50ma and are slightly dimmer them OEM. If you can find 75ma to 80ma it would be better. These are about 1/8" diam by 1/4" long without leads. They kind of resemble Christmas tree bulbs but smaller. Same delicate leads.

Good luck! I have done my radio and controls in the steering wheel also.

Doug

Add your comment to this topic!