Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 s-10 blazer weird braking issue.

Bfox
04-30-2010, 04:42 PM
hey everyone. My blazer brakes seem to work fine. I have road ripple feeling when i put the brakes on fast. feels like the rumble strips coming to a stop sign, New rotors and pads in the front, Back brakes seem to work i jack it up in the air to check. Not sure what else i should look for. any help or ideas would be great. thanks

viggy58
05-01-2010, 02:53 AM
have you had your tires rotated/balanced lately?

old_master
05-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Vibration while braking is usually caused by a bent or warped rotor or debris trapped between the hub and the rotor. Worn suspension and steering linkage can amplify the vibration.

Bfox
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
yeah i thought it may have been the front rotors And brake pads. so i replaced them, they needed it anyway. it dosnt really matter how fast you are going when you brake you can still fell it either way, I wonder if there is something in the rear brake assembly i should check, they do work though, My tires are approaching there exspire date.Maybe that could be it, although i never had this issue in the past. I need to get ideas and dig into it somemore before i decided to get overcharged at the dealer.

old_master
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
You can try line locking the rear brakes at the rear flex line so only the fronts work. If the vibe is gone, you know it's the rears causing the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!