Maxima Longevity

zenith
05-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey, I was wondering what effect engine/ performance mods have on the longevity of you car. In other word if one puts on a CAI and a full catback exaust what effect will that have on the maintainence, relaibility and life of the car?
:bandit:

BLU CIVIC
05-02-2003, 10:38 AM
as far as i know those things would have a very small or if any effect on any car....i think that it's driving hard and when u start to go fi or adding a sc that ur car will start getting strained.........

i could be wrong:confused:

MaxPayne
05-02-2003, 01:01 PM
I think you're right on the money BLU

Pick
05-02-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MaxPayne
I think you're right on the money BLU

Some mods may lengthen the duration of the relationship between you and your Max.

Intake gets better air into the car, resulting in a richer performance and a better mix of fuel. Exhaust(Y-pipe, catback, etc.) get the dirty air and the nasty grime out better because they are less restrictive. The ECU mod gives the Maxima a better fuel mix for a better running engine.

And driving your car hard won't necessarily shorten its lifespan. A performance engine like the VQ wants to be pushed and a good thrashing every once in a while will keep the engine running well. But, yes, pushing it too hard will, in the end, destroy it. The question is when.

You decide.

thrasher
05-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Pick

Some mods may lengthen the duration of the relationship between you and your Max.

Intake gets better air into the car, resulting in a richer performance and a better mix of fuel. Exhaust(Y-pipe, catback, etc.) get the dirty air and the nasty grime out better because they are less restrictive. The ECU mod gives the Maxima a better fuel mix for a better running engine.

And driving your car hard won't necessarily shorten its lifespan. A performance engine like the VQ wants to be pushed and a good thrashing every once in a while will keep the engine running well. But, yes, pushing it too hard will, in the end, destroy it. The question is when.

You decide.

this may be true, but in the end they might endup giving you more headaches than are worth it. blown MAF's, crazy check engine lights coming on, plus you're always taking a chance with an aftermarket product if it isn't specifically designed for your car

Add your comment to this topic!