Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blitz skyline d1gp

123yokomo
04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
:cool:i got a blitz er34 and i will post pics in a little bit:runaround::iceslolan:rofl::runaround:

Sliwa
04-28-2010, 12:46 PM
What's the point of starting new thread without any pics?

123yokomo
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
here is a pic so far havent had time to take pics
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_73490cc05c89a2f4b2229335d9855f92.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4918263234_a6132244eb_b.jpg

sportracer02
08-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Hard to recognize anything, you should experience a little bit with the camera

drunken monkey
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
While I admire your obvious love for building model cars, I have to say that I am a little saddened when you are in my opinion, butchering them.
I imagine that I am not the only one who wishes you would put a little more effort in the painting and finishing of them.

youngkia1
08-24-2010, 08:53 AM
To tell you honestly i like it. Very details and it is a innovative one. Great job. ;)

gionc
08-24-2010, 09:41 AM
To tell you honestly i like it. Very details and it is a innovative one. Great job. ;)

Now this is really positive criticism!! :D :evillol:

To do superb pictures is quite hard and left to photographers masters, do them acceptables, on-focus and with a decent ligh set up (outside ex.) it is easy and mandatory if you like feedback...

How old are you yokomo? Recently I was amazed that we got really young people kicking round AF...

MidMazar
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Don't worry with some of the responses, with every build you will get experience. For pics, its simple take pictures with no flash outside on a sunny day. Try experimenting with your camera, but it seems to me like pics outside with flash usually turn out bad.

123yokomo
08-24-2010, 05:11 PM
im 14 and still learning

Helico
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I couldn't even do decal properly when I was 14. So I say you are doing just fine.

As suggested by many others, be brave to experiment a little, both on photography and modeling, to see if your skills improve from one car to another.

This hobby needs more newbies like you. Stay away from Xbox.

WRCfan
08-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Ignore the harsh comments, you should be modelling for yourself and no one else. I especially like this model as I am a D1 Japan photographer and meet Nomu Ken many times throughout the year at the D1GP rounds. He is a fantastic guy and his car livery changes often. The new scheme he runs is a modelling nightmare for decals.

Keep up the good work and most importantly enjoy it! Good to have some young people building passionately.

WRCfan

pharr7226
09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I quit building when I was 14 because I couldn't make my paint jobs look like the images on the kit boxes. I didn't know about thin coats or color sanding. I like what you're doing. Keep it up! As others suggested the natural light of a sunny day will do wonders for your pictures. I too am glad to see young young guys like you interested in our hobby.

123yokomo
05-14-2011, 08:11 AM
almost finished
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2108/5717728384_ec868f030a_z.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2794/5717162577_ef5e642b82_z.jpg

mopar man
05-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Looks very good dont worry these guys beat up on me to when i was posting pics and fro your age it looks very good keep it up

thenotoriousLUD
05-16-2011, 12:27 AM
did you even paint the body or just threw the decals on bare plastic????

sportracer02
05-16-2011, 05:07 AM
The photos are definitly better now

123yokomo
05-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I painted the body

speedphreak
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
With what? A brush?

123yokomo
05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
no with household spray paint the kind you get at wallmart because i ran out of tamiya pure white and i had the other spray paint in the garage already i was taking a risk on it and i didnt put clear coat on it:)

wesmc
05-17-2011, 07:30 PM
If you enjoy what you are doing, then you are successful. That is the point of a hobby, in my opinion.

gpz900ra7
05-18-2011, 05:29 AM
If you enjoy what you are doing, then you are successful. That is the point of a hobby, in my opinion.

I agree 10000000000000000% with this post, and I can't understand why there are so many negative comments about Yoko's work :nono::nono:.

Give the kid a break guys, we all had to start somewhere, so unless you have nothing constructive to add, why shoot him down by posting your comments :disappoin:disappoin.

Just my 2cents worth, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who agree with me, and for those that don't, I don't give a rats a$$.

Yoko, keep building the way you want to mate, ignore the negativity and have a blast doing what you like doing :iceslolan:iceslolan.

gpz900ra7.

rollin80s
05-18-2011, 05:04 PM
i agree with you bud^^^^^
kids 14 years old. at least he is making an effort on building kits. we ALL start somewhere, we dont wake up plastic model gods and build a perfect kit the first time around.

do what you do bro, in time these haters will be envious.....lols

modlman17
05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
I agree 10000000000000000% with this post, and I can't understand why there are so many negative comments about Yoko's work :nono::nono:.

Give the kid a break guys, we all had to start somewhere, so unless you have nothing constructive to add, why shoot him down by posting your comments :disappoin:disappoin.

Just my 2cents worth, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who agree with me, and for those that don't, I don't give a rats a$$.

Yoko, keep building the way you want to mate, ignore the negativity and have a blast doing what you like doing :iceslolan:iceslolan.

gpz900ra7.

:iagree:

Ignore anyone slamming you. We all started out at a level that was not perfect work. Those kits are not the easiest and the big decal jobs can be a challenge.

To you guys tearing him down... We need to encourage 14 yr olds to stay involved in the hobby and get better.

Rob

wesmc
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM

gpz900ra7.
Wow, I never had someone agree with me 10 quadrillion percent!! Thanks!!!

123yokomo
05-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys i really think some people dont know the diffrence between constructive criticism Giving tips and just being mean

gpz900ra7
05-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Thanks guys i really think some people dont know the diffrence between constructive criticism Giving tips and just being mean

You are so right Yoko my friend.

There are way too many "rivet counters" around, and one of them tried it with me the other day, but I just sat at laughed at his anal behaviour and ramblings :jerking::jerking::loser::loser:.

You continue to build the way you want to mate, and let the small minded contingent carry on counting rivets :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:.

gpz900ra7.

speedphreak
05-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Sarcasm doesn't come across very well on the interwebz apparently. At 14 I had no patience and my models sucked so bad....yours actually looks better than mine at 14. Constructive criticism is just that, constructive. You need a thick skin to take it. It will make you better, believe me. I have heard it all in my profession. Yes, it hurts sometimes, it doesn't feel good when someone disagrees with something you believe it amazing. It has made me better at my photography. Take most of it with a grain of salt, as this is the internet after all. Can't take most of it seriously. Just keep doing what you are doing.

mopar man
05-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Sarcasm doesn't come across very well on the interwebz apparently. At 14 I had no patience and my models sucked so bad....yours actually looks better than mine at 14. Constructive criticism is just that, constructive. You need a thick skin to take it. It will make you better, believe me. I have heard it all in my profession. Yes, it hurts sometimes, it doesn't feel good when someone disagrees with something you believe it amazing. It has made me better at my photography. Take most of it with a grain of salt, as this is the internet after all. Can't take most of it seriously. Just keep doing what you are doing.
I agree where your coming from keep up the good work I built a ferrari Enzo skill level three as my first model at 12 it was a peice of crap but it was the proudest peice of crap I ever made :lol: if your happy with what your doing keep at it pretty soon you will be as good as these guys it may take a while but you got my respect :)

123yokomo
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanksi also get where youguys are coming from i started at a young age about 7 or 8 years old my first model being a honda civic i know i dont have years of experiance but i try to be the best modeler i can at my level

drunken monkey
05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
you've really got to stop blaming it all on your age.
sure it might play some part but how well your models turn out depend on how much effort you are willing to put into them.
show the guys that you listening to what they have said and shut them up by posting better photos of better building.

Averion
05-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Dude, everybody start somewhere, and the starting point is not perfection, well actually far from it. I've made models, and it sucked initially, just that it got better with time n experience.

U've made models, well great job if ur enjoying what ur doing! But however I hope u'll understand that if a model is not good, it's not good. U may not make models that could compare up to the big guys here currently, but that doesn't say the same about ur future models?

Just try not to get pride into ur head, accept comments as it comes, positive/negative or even nothing at all. Eventually u'll b good, trust me. Ultimately, regardless of whether ur finished model is a piece of crap or an award winning masterpiece, it's still a product of ur many hours n enjoyment.

Enjoy the hobby, n hobby doesn't mean end product. It means process.

Cheers!

speedphreak
05-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I got a headache reading this last post. Can people actually spell out the whole freaking word. Would it kill you? It's "you" NOT "U". I pretty much lost it when you put "U'll and U've". Ouch, lmfao in a very sad way.

Anyways, this guy "yokomo" has posted numerous models and neither of them get better with each post. He blames age, but I blame lack of patience. I am not the best modeller, but I build for myself. If I have a model I would like to share I will share it. It is not often as I don't have much time to build. He seems like he needs to learn patience with his work and realise he doesn't need to build the car in a day. Which looks like what is happening. I applaud his efforts though.

blkjck
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM
wow really with all teh neg. comments? im 18 and i bearly have the patience to keep working on what im working on. i think he did a awesome job on it, looks liek teh real thing, a few decals look crooked but oh well, noones perfect

123yokomo
05-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Im not blaming my age either way i think im getting better and im doing what i love thats all that matters to me i have patience its just painting does not always come out as i expect

Add your comment to this topic!