Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

chevy truck help

rodthe1st
04-26-2010, 08:38 AM
hello all recently started a new job at chryser tech center around the same time i blew the motor in my 95 chevy pick up(2500 5.7 rwd) not havin the time to replace it i had a mechanic buddy(hack) do the work. my problem is no spark i was hoping somebody has a wiring diagram for the ignition system as iam sometime next buying someones mitchell on demand next month i just cant wait that long u can email me @ ironrods@gmail.com
thanks in advance

jdmccright
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
A blown motor is fairly generic albeit catastrophic problem description. Can you give a little more info on what your mech friend had to fix? If we know what areas he was working on, we have a better idea of what could be the cause.

This should be moved to the Chevrolet C/K forum...posting to the specific forum will let those that are most familiar with your vehicle in on what you're problem is. Luckily I happen to have a very similar truck, but there are many more of us over there.

All that being said, if at least the engine's heads were removed for repair, the first place I'd check are the grounds, the coil wires and their proper plug sequence, the distributor timing versus camshaft, and the fuses for the pump and fuel injectors.

rodthe1st
04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
thanks for the timely response, the block was cracked so the whole engine was replaced. i know im not getting spark from the coil. this is an older truck and fuse panel lid that shows the location of each fuse and relay is missing a schematic of the ignition system would be very helpful in helping me track down my electrical issue

jdmccright
04-27-2010, 09:26 AM
You can find one by registering at AutoZone.com (not an actual endorsement, I mention it because it's free...there may be others) and using their free online repair manuals, which are basically Haynes in electronic format. But they include electrical diagrams for the engine and chassis. Personally, I like to just buy the book to have sitting with me when my head's under the hood. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!