Battery and brake light came on

ilanpro
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
I was driving and all of the sudden the Battery and brake light came on and the climate control blower does not work, I have no power loss or voltage loss the gauge meters 14.4V still, any Ideas?

Thanks

steffenk
04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Typical alternator failure. I posted a similar question a few months ago for a 1993 S. You can find several other similar posts on the forum. My issue happened in the snow, and I was waiting until the weather warmed up before looking into it. After it warmed up (few 75 degree days), the alternator started working again so I suspect it was the moisture that caused a ground problem. I cleaned the battery contacts, tightened one ground contact that I could see/reach, and tightened the alt belt slightly. So far (2 mos), it has been working fine for me.

ilanpro
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
I just replaced the alternator 3 months ago, I drove the truck with the lights on for over an hour with no power loss, maybe it is a ground I will check

ilanpro
04-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Well I just put another alternator on (Bosh) Same problem, Battery measures 14.7 across:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ban ghead::banghead:

2000izusu
04-25-2010, 08:51 AM
these isuzus are very picky about alternators. when i had mine, their were lots of people that went through 4-5 remans to find a good alternator. i believe the original is a hitachi. that is what most people have the best luck with. i thought new napa premiums people had good luck with also. if you search the forum from 3-4 years ago (and earlier) you will find what specific brands are likely to work. alot of the old time posters here that have the knowledge have moved on. (their are still a couple left)mike

ilanpro
04-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Well I got an alternator from the junk yard it is a Hitachi with only 60k on it $20 Problem fixed, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!