Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Civic Eg D16z6 head y7 block mini me

Dkillion05
04-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Ive Recently bought a stock eg civic coupe with the d16z6 you could push the gas padel sound like it had a fake 2 step on it. shortly after getting the car a rod bearing spun on me so I end up buying a used d16y7 engine to go a head do a mini me swap use my z6 head. so I get the head back on the car I made sure the pistions where top dead center so was the head. The cam gear said up. I check around even called Baytown Honda the told me that the d16z6 timming belt was the same as the d16y7 and y8 both came up with same parts number. So I didnt worry about the belt. I got the car running shortley after. My car sound like it was cammed rpm's where jumping from 1000 to 1500 back and forth. So I Check the ecu, my freind lets me use his ecu. I check that car keeps doing what its doing. I change the distributor. I chang out throttle body thinking that my tps sensor might be bad then. still nothing I re check the firing order to car its correct. My valves dont look bent. I pretty much used my stock z6 and a different block which was the y7 block. Thre wasnt no oil jet blug to remove thats only on the d15 and old school 91 and back d16a6 esc. Im pretty much out of ideas. all my hoses are hooked up shouldnt be any vacum leaks I Need Help.

Add your comment to this topic!