Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car wont start

ethan-erickson0015
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
1997 Honda Civic Ex Sedan. Engine light came on about five months ago for a misfire on cylinders on 2,3,4. i Cleared the code and the light stayed off until now. Light came back on for a miss in 2,3,4 i cleared the code again and went to start the car it wouldn't start. It has spark on all four cylinders distributer is good. Compression is normal fuel pressure is good. Timing is good. Even tried dumping fuel straight down the cylinder didn't even get a pop but i could have just flooded it though. I was thinking that it could be the crankshaft sensor but I'm not sure car doesn't have a cam sensor. Any ideas would be appreciated i am at a loss for ideas. Thanks Ethan

BishiRST
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I would look into the Dizzy again, maybe replace it with a known good part cuz sometimes the magnetic pick up will go out on them.. also look inito your injectors, see if the ECU is turning them on while you crank, if you have or can put hands on a noide light that'll help out a lot, if not, just try using a test light on the wires while cranking. But by the sound of it, its defenately electrical!!

ethan-erickson0015
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
The injectors are getting a ground signal from the icm. What would cause the distributor to go back just normal wear or did something cause it.

serge_saati
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
You have air, fuel, spark and good compression. It should start. Maybe mixture is too rich.

I don't think it's the CKP sensor, cause you have both ignition and fuel.
Have you tried to accelerate to the floor when you start?

Check MAF and IAT or MAP and MAT sensor. Depanding of what your car is equipped.
Check plugs condition to see if you don't have oil/carbon deposit or too much fuel smell. Cause maybe it's burning oil.

Add your comment to this topic!