Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My electric windows won't respond..

Pleasuremann
04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Some of you saw my previous threads about the hood in my 86 e150 and the rust problem. Well thanks in part to your help those are now things of the past. But now I have a new problem to tackle.

Around 6 months ago, my window triggers on the driver and passenger side stopped working. I remember being able to push the little console hard against the door panel and sometimes the driver's window would roll, but now nothing is responding.

My passenger side window was completely down when the problem occurred, so it has been down since then, and this is of course a problem.

I have taken the door panel off of the passenger side, and all screws with the exception of the bundle of wires holding the electric console in place. I get about 6'' of clearance so I have a good look at the wiring, but no idea about how to identify the problem and rectify it.

I manually pushed up the passenger window to protect against weather and it's staying up...but I don't know if there's a problem with the arm, the motor, or the wiring. Any of you guys have experience in this?

mechanic1980
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
most likely the switches on the drivers side you can get them at a yard or part store its one assembly the first in line it feeds the other window without a wire diagram you can check the motors with 2 jumper wires just unpklug + to 1 side - to the other and swap one goes up one goes down if that makes sense to you

Pleasuremann
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
most likely the switches on the drivers side you can get them at a yard or part store its one assembly the first in line it feeds the other window without a wire diagram you can check the motors with 2 jumper wires just unpklug + to 1 side - to the other and swap one goes up one goes down if that makes sense to you

First off, thank you for responding to my problem. Now, I'm sure what you have said makes perfect sense in your head, but what I read was really unintelligible. Again thank you, but if you intend for me to understand you, perhaps you could be a bit more organized in your approach.

Add your comment to this topic!