Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bose stereo

syne164
05-01-2003, 06:36 PM
ok i noticed in my car that i already had a system because i found the power wire and the remote wire. i look at the stock bose amp and four wires are spilts soild brown, brown with a white line ,blue with a yellow line& blue with a white lineand at the stock subwoofer the black,white & green with a white line are also spilts into ? can anybody tell me what they are . and how do i connect my amp i have rca plugs ,remote wire& my inline converter. my amp is a punch 250a i just wanna replace my stock subwoofer and power it with the amp. thanks alot

MaxPayne
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM
One thing you can do is take off the wires that hook directly into the stock subwoofer speaker and use high level inputs. If you only have RCA connections, you can buy converters for about $20 a piece or so I think. You shouldbe able to tell which is positive and which is negative by looking at the speaker, there will often be some kind of mark or stamp in the metal.

Also, you can tap into the signal between the amps and the speakers. This is also a high level input.

Remember that this is going to be sound after the EQ in the head unit, so you will have to adjust your gain appropriately to get the right sound.

syne164
05-02-2003, 01:15 PM
im trying to find out what the wires that i described are somebdy help? thanks

MaxPayne
05-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Get a continutity tester/Voltemeter.

Take out the speakers, test the wires that look similar.

That's the hard way. No one here is that familiar with the Bose system to tell you that.

Or you could just hook your shit up like I told you and save yourself a lot of hassle.

Or you could strip the car of the Bose system altogether and put in your own system, which would be very costly and time consuming as well.

Spaz
05-03-2003, 10:19 PM
How much more doest he bose system tack onto the price? 3, 4 grand?

it would have been cheaper to throw an aftermarket system on in the first place.

oh well.

MaxPayne
05-06-2003, 02:18 PM
More like $1000 at the absolute most if the car was brand new. After the car is on the used market the Bose doesn't fetch much for the car.

Rocky03Max
05-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Hey syne164 i found this page with info for bose audio wires
heres what i found JUST INFO I DONT KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS..IF YOU NEED THE LINK EMAIL ME
Bose System
First off is a brief description of how this system is configured. The Bose system in this vehicle is more complex than the Active system described above although some obvious things are similar, there is the head unit that is mounted in center dash area below the automatic climate control system. This system aslo contains the diversity antenna system as described above. The Bose system employs amplifiers at each speaker rated at I believe 50W maximum each. All the leads from the harnesses at the rear of the radio that feed the rear amplifiers are differential outputs. Unfortunately the wiring shematic in the Nissan service manual does not indicate what are the speaker positive & negative color codes but it does indicate the color codes for the differential inputs to each amplifier. Note there is a diffenence in this system in that it employs a switching relay to turn on the Bose System amplifiers. Although this page is intended to provide the wire color codes I highly recommend that if you are intending to replace your factory head unit that you purchase a wiring harness adapter. These are available from many manufacturers including Directed Electronics (DEI), Scoche, American International, Metra, Precision Interface Electronics (PIE) & Stinger Electronics( i.e.. also under affiliate AAMP of America trademarks such as Peripheral Interface Components & Best Wires & Harnesses). The cost of these items is generally in the range of $20 & up retail since the Bose system is somewhat more complex. There are two harness adapters that connect to the rear of the radio, one is for the power, ground illumination & feeders for the front Bose amplifiers front amplifier outputs to the front speakers & the other feeds the rear amplifier for the rear speakers. The main fuse panel has fuses for the main power line (10 Amps), the switching relay & main power for the Bose amplifiers (20 Amps) & the accessory power line (10 Amps).

Ok on with the color codes:

Main harness:
Main power (12Vdc) = Brown/White also feeds rear amplifier
Accessory power (12Vdc) = Yellow/Green
Ground = Black
Illumination = Red/Yellow & Black/Red
Power antenna = Grey/Yellow
Shield input = Color not specified

Bose amplifier signal feeders: (note these are feeder wires for the Bose amplifiers)
Front left amplifer = White & Blue
Front right amplifier = White/Grey & Black/White
Rear left amplifier = White/Purple & Black/Purple
Rear right amplifier = White/Red & Black/Red
Shield input = Color not specified

Switching relay:
Main power (12Vdc) = Brown/Black
Ground = Black
Switched power (hot) = Brown/White feeds all amplifiers
Relay trigger = Grey/White fed from secondary harness on back of radio

Bose System Amplifiers:
Front left amp = White (signal), Blue (signal), Brown/White (switched power), Black (ground)
Front right amp = White/Grey (signal), Black/White (signal), Brown/White (switched power), Black (ground)
Rear left left amp = White/Purple (signal), Black/Purple (signal), Brown/White (switched power), Black (ground)
Rear right left amp = White/Red (signal), Black/Red (signal), Brown/White (switched power), Black (ground)

Rocky03Max
05-19-2003, 01:14 AM
:thumbup: The following is a listing of the wire color codes for all 1989 (third generation) Nissan Maxima's. Included here are the codes for the Active system & the Bose system. I hope this will be of use to those persons that have questions of the nature contained within. I have striven for accuracy to the best of my knowledge however please accept my apology if you find material contained on this page that is in error. Conversely I would appreciate it if errors are uncovered that they be brought to my attention in order for me to correct them.

Add your comment to this topic!