Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Knock Sensor Issue

eddie333
04-16-2010, 07:16 PM
I just replaced my stock turbo on 98 gst with a evo III. since i put it on the check engine light is on. the code said it was a faulty knock sensor. did this happen cause of the new turbo? if i replace sensor do you think it will run right?

ned032002
04-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome to AF

This is an extremely old thread (ironically, I was reading it last night).

I can't see how the issue could be related. Did you do any other modifications? What code did you get exactly?

Try PM'ing Kevin directly for a possible answer. He doesn't post very often here but you might get lucky.

david-b
04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Post was moved into it's own thread.

As Ned said, welcome to AF. It seems as if you have some other issue at hand. Upgrading to an e16g will not cause the CEL to go off unless something else was wrong. Start with the basics; check the knock sensor to assure it's working properly and spark plugs/wires (if haven't already). Also if you have something to log the car with, check that to make sure it's getting enough fuel.

SilvrEclipse
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
The knock senor is located on the back of the block, you shouldn't have came anywhere close to it when installing the turbo. I would replace it and see if that makes the code go away

Add your comment to this topic!