Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air conditioner 2003 grand prix

linda loo
04-16-2010, 06:38 PM
I need some real information on my car. The air conditioner runs cold, blows great but makes a noise like a playing card in the spokes of a kids bike. The higher you turn it up the louder it gets! You can hear more in the dash and glove compartment than under the hood

Took my first mini vacation four hours from home came back end ended up with two toilets broke and my car doing this! I also went to auto parts store and purchased two head lights one went out and the other went out at the inspection shop. When thay replaced them (for free) the brights are so dim you can't see them or there not working. I took the car back and I was told I need to clean lamps. Whats weird is they were extremley bright the night before and then the air starts messing up Help please It's warming up here in Texas and I won't use air till I know whats wrong. :confused:

BNaylor
04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Welcome to AF.

It sounds like you may have debris in the blower motor assembly squirrel cage which is located in the area mentioned. You can either remove the blower to do an inspection or go in at the passenger side intake cowl. Most GPs do not come with a cabin air filter stock so check to see if you have one installed which should help keep stuff out.

linda loo
04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Thank you very much for the help. :cool:

CrazyHorst
04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
it is a possibility you have the wrong bulbs being used...with the high beam filament having too much resistance or an improper pinout.

You could probably take your bulb(s) to an auto parts store and look thru their paper catalog selector...see what the various cross references for the manufacturers are and compare to what you have. You can probably also compare right and left if there is one working and the other not.

Add your comment to this topic!