Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crown Vic code P1299

BIGP19
04-13-2010, 11:28 PM
i got a 98 police interceptor Crown vic and my car acceleraed sluggish then he temp needle hit the H...i added sum antfreeze i was good then it did it again advance auto gave me da 1299 code and i let my car shit for 2hours unhooked he battery because i was hooking up subwoofers.now he check engine light is off and i drove slow home and it didnt happen ..soooo is this temporary? or will it happen again??
and also i have no leakage anywer

pete

shorod
04-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked the coolant level again? There may have been an air pocket in the system last time that only allowed you to add so much coolant, now the air pocket has worked its way back to the top and the level is low again. You could also have a heater core leaking and you don't see the leak.

If the coolant level is still full you should move (or have me do it) your post to the Crown Vic forum.

-Rod

BIGP19
04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
yea i did no leak n i had a dianogstic n he said dat my computer to my car was showin 40 below so the fans wouldnt come on so now im fina pay 517$ for a new computer+flash is he tryna play me? it kinda mak since tho

shorod
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Wow, is that English?

If the computer is showing 40 below, how did he rule out the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor? I'd really struggle to suggest jumping to the ECM and flash. There are a lot of relatively simple diagnostics that could be performed on the cooling fan and ECT sensor.

You're question really isn't related to the Lincoln LS though so I'll move it to the Crown Vic forum.

-Rod

Blue)(Fusion
04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Replace ECT sensor. It's a cheap enough part. Also check for wire continuity from the ECU to the sensor (get a multimeter if you don't have one, they help in so many ways).

Add your comment to this topic!