Just bought a '93, got a few questions.

matphillips
04-14-2010, 07:28 AM
So after pondering it for a while, I picked up a 93 Lebaron, in green with cream/champagne roof. As I'm in the UK, this is a rather rare and unusual car. I've not spent much time in it yet, but I do have a couple of quick questions that I hope someone may help with.

First is a parts question, there's no tonneau cover/top boot cover, so it looks a little messy with the roof down. Chrysler dealers cant help with the part and so far I cant find one online. I may be able to get one custom made, but from looking at the few images of it that I can find, it does seem to be more than just a piece of leather. Is there a solid frame inside these? Does it fold for storage or something? Does anyone happen to have ever stripped one down and taken photographs of the parts :)

Secondly, the cruise control is not operational. I plan to spend the weekend checking for vaccuum leaks and electrical issues as well as installing a new alarm and generally checking the car over; but is there any usual faults that I shoud start with the the cruise control?

Also, one of the back windows does not move down. The motor can be heard running though so I assume its a broken linkage/snapped cable, will find out as I start investigating. Any tips in this area?

Well thats about it, there's bound to be plenty of other things wrong with it that I've not found out about yet but for now I'm just enjoying all the attention it's getting :)

Any helpful hints on the above would be appreciated,
thanks.

matphillips
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh yes, the engine temperature gauge never moves, (dont know if it's the sensor of the actual gauge), there's no power to the radio, and the electric windows dont move.

It's going to be a busy weekend.

Joric LeBaron
07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
'ere go wooli.. ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-1991-Lebaron-Convertible-Boot-Silver-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem48411eaa12QQitemZ31033 0173970QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Add your comment to this topic!