Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC blows hot after I did a tune up???

bmkj02
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I have a '99 Grand Marquis. Today I did a tune up on my car. Replaced the filter with a K&N and changed out all 8 plugs and plug wires and fuel filter. On top of that I replaced only the driver side valve cover gasket. To replace the gasket I had to remove the master cylinder and brake booster. In order to remove the booster I had to crawl underneath the dash and remove the cover to access the 4 bolts for the booster. These were all my steps so you have an understanding what I did. I may of bumped something or taken something out of place. After completed and I was on my way the ac wasnt working. It blows hot air. Compressor clutch is spinning and radiator fan blowing but only hot air like it wont switch over to cold. Any ideas where I went wrong?
Thanks!!!

Ralph123
04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Maybe it's just a coincidence. Did you check refrigerant pressure?

bmkj02
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
compressor kicks on so its not the freon as it has pressure to kick on the clutch. It blows heat and I mean heat like I have it set on heat not warm air when you are low on freon. Thanks for the reply.

Blue)(Fusion
04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Does the A/C components get cold? (i.e. condensation on them)

If so, you probably have a stuck blend door. It is behind the dashboard and they are known to do this.

Nearly to the bottom of this page you can find the info on the blend door: http://p71interceptor.com/eatcswap/

bmkj02
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes all my components under the cold gets cold and really wet. I will check that out. thanks

bmkj02
04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Its fixed. I opened my glove box and it shut the blend door to where it was supposed to be. Somehow I must of had too much in the glove box and it was causing the problem.

serge_saati
04-11-2010, 10:23 PM
somehow i must of had too much in the glove box and it was causing the problem.

lol
It reminds me my old Accent. When the box was overloaded, the blend door mechanism was stuck.

Add your comment to this topic!