Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 K1500 TBI injector pigtail

93LT
04-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I just bought a 95 K1500 that's been lifted for a bit of a project/toy. I was replacing the air filter when I noticed the wires for the injector wire harness plugs were chard in between the plug and almost too where they run through the TBI.

Is there a place that makes replacement pigtails for these? I tried O'Reilly, but what they brought down isn't anywhere close to being right.

The truck runs fine, I'm just unsure how it affects the fuel feed as the revs increase with chard wires, thinking maybe resistance might not be as it should be.

Elbert
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
go to the rock auto web site, I think you will find the "pig-tails" there.

I had to buy some for my 91 K1500, but I think I may have purchase theam through the dealer (about your only other option), as a I recall they are a little expensive for what they are, but not much you can do.

93LT
04-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm looking on rock auto, and when I look at the fuel injector connector, it looks exactly like what O'Reilly's has, which is nothing like what it plugged in to the top of either of my TBI injectors. I look at the injectors on Rock auto and they look just like mine.

I don't understand this.

93LT
04-09-2010, 10:40 PM
This is my injector and connector.

http://images.fotopic.net/127aie.jpg

This is a photo of the injector connector at Rock auto, also same as what O'Reilly brought down.

http://images.fotopic.net/127aid.jpg

I don't see anyway for the other connector to work, for one, the contacts are too close to each other. Another reason is the mounting of the injector prohibits that style of connector.

tblake
04-10-2010, 08:23 PM
No way will that plug work on yours. But from your picture, that looks like pretty much the norm for tbi injector plugs to me. They all tend to get dark colored carbon on them after a couple hundred thousand miles. When I read your first post and you mentioned charred, I thought maybe they were melted. If you aren't having any drivabilty issues, I wouldn't replace them.

2000CAYukon
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I have a 90 K1500 and it shows AC Delco PT2385 as the part and I think that is what you are looking for. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1217429

//2000CAYukon

93LT
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Yukon, YES!!! thank you. That's it.

blake, I don't know why all the parts stores are showing the stock photo like what I have, and O'Reilly even brought it down for me to look at.

You may notice that the wires are covered with electrical tape. I did this. Truck runs fine, but I was surprised when I went to change the air cleaner that the coating was burnt off the wires and the wires were exposed. I was concerned with continuity issues as throttle increase is why I was interested in replacing them.

93LT
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I was poking around Rock Auto and noticed I could go back to 1994 and was offered a choice of both styles of connectors. I had O'Rielly look up 1993 and they offered two styles, so I am able to get what I need through them after all.

Thanks for the help.

Elbert
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
be careful...on my 91 K1500 I had for a few years...the TBI pigtail harness got pinched there at the air filter adapter and then it blew a fuse and I was stranded. I had to replace the same pig-tails. Don't know if this changed through the years of the TBI, but watch out for pinching the wires around the air filter.

jdmccright
04-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow. Looks like yours was backfiring through the TBI or something to get that blackened.

Were the original wire colors for the injector connector red and blue? Geez, just checked the wiring diagram, they're red & blue and green & white! After 200k+ miles, mine aren't even near that...tan and brown. At least they still work...knock on wood...since my truck was previously a home to several creatures who liked to store acorns in the intake resonator and had chewed through the wiring harness cover and some of the wiring insulation to the TBI/MAP sensor!

Great info to have, thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!