Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Camaro steering column wiring

kobra000
04-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone

for the past 10 years or so ive been trying to restore an 85 camaro Berlinetta,not knowing this is probably the most wrongfully designed car next to the Pinto and Corvair.

after hour after hour of wracking my brain trying to figure out its wiring,i decided to gut it of its horrible gm wiring and install a simple 22 circuit EZ wiring harness i got off ebay for 170 bucks,all the wires are clearly labeled and even pre terminated for me,only thing is the 85 camaro berlinetta didn't use a turn signal on the steering column,for some reason you had to reach up on the dash to use the turn signal(who does stupid stuff like this?) after a while i was able to get a non tilt steering column out of an 88 camaro,it fit perfectly but the only thing is,the wiring diagram that was shipped with the new harness is pretty straight forward,but there recounting of the GM wiring color codes doesn't match the steering column i have. the new wires are labeled clearly either "right front turn signal" or left front turn signal" "ignition" and so on and so forth, but i cant find its appropriate match for the stock wiring on the 88s steering column. and id hate to blow fusees or even burn up wires trying to do it the hunt and pic method.

i was wondering if anyone has a diagram of the 85-92 steering column wiring plug. cause it will be a godsend if anyone does.

thank you very much for reading this

Keith.

Add your comment to this topic!