Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Plaza Auto Mall scam

Astralux11
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Plaza Auto Mall Scam

February 10, 2009 I bought a new car from Plaza Auto mall, 2721 Nostrand ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210
Karl- financial guy said: "Congratulation, you bought a new car for $ 16394
I signed a few papers and when I came home I found that on the first paper the price was $ 16 394
and on the next paper the price was $ 22170 after 10 % APR I had to pay $ 29935 !
The next morning I came back and Karl-financial guy said:"You signed it. Now you cannot change anything.
It's a document."
I've been walking back and forth to the office one month. I've been waiting for hours and hours in the
office for one person or another. Karl always hid from me in a different building. The manager Mike-tall
bald guy with a look "iamsosickofyou" told me that he couldn't help me because he was a sales manager but not a
financial manager. Almost every day I talked to him asking to review the paper and correct the mistakes they've
made. And every time he said: " Please find some one who will explain you - this is not a mistake, this is10% APR you have to pay to a bank."
Now take a calculator and check it out.
$ 15744 the initial price for a car
+ $1318,56 NY sales tax 8,375 %
-$650 rebate
+ $150 inspection
+$190 new plate
+$12,50 fee for the old tires
+$170 Gap insurance
-$500 trade in / my old car/
-$200 my check
+$2500 extended warranty / I never asked about it and never been told a word about this kind of service /
+$1400 - Road assistance / This amount was added without my permission /
-------------------------
Total $20135
But not $22177
Together with 10% APR I have to pay $29935 They added HALF OF THE PRICE
It took me 1 month to cancel this "Road assistance" / as soon as I didn't need it I had AAA for $48 a year /
Joanna - the secretary said:" Don't expect you will get all the money, may be only some part of it. May be in
a few weeks."
But I've never got the refund and I am still paying 10% APR
It took me 2 months to cancel extended warranty but I've paid 10% APR .
They added $650 - rebate TWICE ! Then they added down payment $1330. It is PLUS to the total amount.
Once I cried in front of two managers:"Please take this paper and check it." Nobody moved. They didn't care !
They shared the money: Troy-sales person, Karl-financial Guy, Mike-manager and the boss of this nice "family"
/I tried to make an appointment with him but the secretary always says he is away or busy. After I left a few messages with my name he never called me back./
Besides there was one more interesting detail that gives me the right to call this business "criminal gang".
I bought a small Toyota Yaris -2 doors. Instead the document says that I bought 4 doors Toyota Yaris which is more expensive /about $22000.
You are smart enough to understand what is going on in this dealership. They buy a small car for $10000 / my guess, nobody knows the real
price/
Then they sell it for the price of a big expensive car. A buyer has to pay to a bank till the rest of his life.
And car dealership shares this extra money. They don't even have to pay income tax because these are hidden charges nobody knows about
and nobody can find it. Of course the extended warranty is total fake so is "Road membership".
Total amount that has been stolen from my pocket is $5942 And I am paying 10% APR to a bank.
Scam ! Fraud !
This is Plaza Auto Mall in Brooklyn, NY
DO NOT GO THERE ! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT !

Ray paulsen
04-11-2010, 07:59 AM
You have managed to blemish or try to blemish the reputation of Plaza auto Mall " my guess is " without you knowing how you succeed " with not only this post but having submitted this same post to other forums like " my 3 cents.com "

Before I go into detail how you managed to do this,,, please answer just this one question, Why did you sign papers and not reading it's contents before you got home ???.

When you post a Q, in some forums the subject line becomes alive for surfers looking for answers " example " Google,,, the subject line used in this post " Plaza Auto Mall Scams, and you will find this post,,, or simply Google " Plaza Auto Mall " and you will find same post by scrooling " sometime it's takes a few days before the google crawler pick it up "

The subject line in AF Forums is a powerfull tool picked up by Google, if you have a complaint about a dealer don't post in the subject line " I got screwed " ... write the name of the Dealership along with words like' scam" scammers " crooks " dishonest, etc, so when consumers surf for information about that dealership your post will be there.

Summary,,, Can you blame Plaza Auto Mall for their actions when dealing with a buyer that is ignorant not having taken one step to study the buying process, I know what has happened here is unethical on the dealers part but such is the business. http://www.usedcartips.org/

Add your comment to this topic!