Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 t-bird 4.6

jhawk4571
04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I just recently acquired a '94 t-bird. upon my drive home realized it was not accellerating well (wrote off due to fact hadnt been driven in few years). 25 min drive home and no warning lights came on. temp gauge got a little past half way to hot but not near hot. about an hour later went to go to store and the check engine light was on. been running real rough in gear while ideling. just today went out and upon returning home after shutting it off noticed radiator fluid overflowing from resevoir. upper rad hose had no pressure (felt empty). could this be thermastat or water pump maybe even both. please help at my wits end.

97Bird
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Since the car sat for a few years, I'd flush the system and replace the thermostat for starters. If this is a V6 you could also have a leaking head gasket. Changing the oil and filter should be high on your list of things to do before driving too far. Drain the oil into a clean pan and see if there is a milky white look to it or on the dipstick. If it is milky white then water (antifreeze) is getting into the oil and probably by way of a leaking head gasket.

Add your comment to this topic!