Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Mystique turn signal/flashers

timmyb74
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Neither the turn signals or emergency flashers are operating on my 99 Mystique. Is this usually the flasher relay? Where is it located?:runaround:

serge_saati
04-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes it can. Check in your owner manual. If you don't have it, you can download it.

It could be also a bad contact in emergency flashers switch. Cause this one controls both turn signal and flashers. At least, does the brakes lamp work?

If it's the problem, try to hit the 4 way switch location. It may help.

scottman25
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
First do the simple thing and check your fuse panel. under the dash left side of the brake pedal. could be something that simple. if thats not it. you are going to have to take the plastic housing off the steering column. Not hard to do. there are two phillips screws on top and three on the bottom. take the shroud off, then on the bottom left side of the steering column will be the relay for the flashers and turning lights.

Good luck, hope this helps you

Scott

Invisions Crew
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
in my 2000 mystique all i did was take off the steering column housing from the top, then on the left side was what i call the multipurpose switch, you can remove this by pressing a little button down and removing some cables. then underneath the switch there is this little cube looking box plugged into the bottom, that is your relay, pull that out and take it to a ford dealership and they can get you a new one for like 25 bucks. after that put everything back together and it should work. i went without turn signals forever before i figured out how simple of a fix this is.

Add your comment to this topic!