Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dyno Tune...

-The Stig-
04-02-2010, 12:31 AM
2008 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L V8, rated at 361hp, 385tq.
Mileage: 9100 miles.

Mods: Cold Air Intake, No Mufflers, Hula Girl
Pull 1 (stock tune):
Hp - 325.86
Tq - 347.03

Pull 2 (tune 1)
Hp - 328.20
Tq - 345.21

Pull 3 (tune 2)
Hp - 329.98
Tq - 347.29

Pull 4 (tune 3)
Hp - 330.53
Tq - 346.43

No huge gains, but Greg at Racers Edge Tuning (http://www.racersedgetuning.net/index.html) upped the ramp rate on the fuel injection so it hits harder/faster when you give it the beans and leaned her out a tad. Also upped the line pressure on the 6-speed Auto for a little quicker/harder shifts. Also increased fuel cut off from 6000rpm to 6300rpm. He didn't go too lean with the tune, cause he knows I'll be 'road racing/autox'ing' it and knows I'll have the car under load in the higher RPMs. But on the dyno it wasn't hitting any knock sensors... which is nice.

Overall made the car realllly nice to drive, very crisp and responsive. My LSx Guru friend says that should put me over 400hp crank, but that 6-speed is soaking it all up, what a greedy bitch of a trans! haha

Guys there are pretty legit, very knowledgeable for a buncha 'Mustang' guys. haha... some pretty sick Mustangs/Shelby's/Saleens in the shop getting tweaked on.

TorchedStealth
04-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Nice work! Too bad I don't live close cause I'd make you a bitchin tune that I would garuntee at least 5 more up and torque minimum. I like tuning LSx motors:) I would make you a timing table that would make the torque nasty!

-The Stig-
04-02-2010, 01:41 AM
We (Greg and I) aren't sure there's much more to grab outta the stock motor without throwing more money at it...

He's sending the tune file to his buddies to see what else can be done, he said he'd give me a call next week or so and have me come back if he has any inputs.

The main limiting factor here, is the Cam... it's a super conservative cam. Designed for allowing the car to run on 4 cylinders. Not only that, but the ECU is still set for Displacement on Demand... so it's still very relaxed.

CassiesMan
04-02-2010, 02:33 AM
As I texted, nice numbers on a basically stock motor and Cali Piss Water gas. Sounds like the guy knows his stuff, not just going peak but tuning where you will need it. I'm hoping to get the SpeedWagon on the rollers here soon for a dyno day. I'm thinking that with the DP and Hypertech, I'll be breaking 300 at the wheels.

VR43000GT
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Those are some pretty good numbers still for what it is. Have you though about taking it to the track soon? I'd be willing to bet you could break into 12's depending on traction. With enough traction, I'd think for sure you could.

TorchedStealth
04-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Although your guys' gas is shitty out there (I've tuned a few cars in Cali via online) I still think I could get a bit more out of her just with some timing tricks I know :) sounds like the tuner is doing a good job though, keeping it conservative per your request, but still pickin up power!

TatII
06-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice numbers, I always thought you had the gxp version with the 6 speed. Did you take her to the drag strip yet to see how she does? I know your more into auto x and road racing now but I still think its nice to know how she will do in the 1/4.

TorchedStealth
06-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Stig go look at my kill in the racing section!

jeepgclwj
06-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I want to find a GT G8 to run on the streets even more now.

Nice numbers!! I just put down 358/358

CassiesMan
06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm getting Dyno'd this Saturday. Stay tuned for horribly low numbers in the 103 degree estimated outside air temp...

VR43000GT
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Nice numbers, I always thought you had the gxp version with the 6 speed. Did you take her to the drag strip yet to see how she does? I know your more into auto x and road racing now but I still think its nice to know how she will do in the 1/4.

Holy TatII from out of nowhere!

TatII
06-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Yup I have been actively posting for the past 2 days. But I have been all over the place to see any updates, so right now I'm mostly hanging out in the street racing, here and completely off topic. I just decided to stop by on day and I was surprised to see everyone still here so why not stop by to say hi.

-The Stig-
06-02-2010, 02:38 PM
nope, no drag racing for me... not yet. Haven't had time to go out and go fast in a straight line. I'm sure it'll do 13 something... judging by how it was running in the 'speed/stop' challenge I was in. And from what they seem to run stock (mag times and other G8 owners). I know it'll get up and scoot, it's raced on the street a few quick cars and held it's own or beat them... so I know sorta where it should be. That's fine for me really... :)

I wish I had the GXP, back in 2008... they weren't sure they were going to make the GXP for sure due to all the BS GM was going through... so I opted for the 08 GT. Wasn't soon after that they green lit the GXP for America.

UGH.

Oh well, it's a comfy everyday car. 330whp ain't bad for a solid 25mpg car that weighs in a tad over 4,000lbs. Taking her out this weekend to get beat on some more around some cones... can't promise any good pics or videos. But if there are, I'll post em. In my group that I go with, the car has been dubbed "drift taxi" due to the nature of the slidey tires, rwd platform and my right foot just can't help it making more loud noises with that skinny pedal on the right.

Last autox I had 4 people in the car and was chucking it around.. was fun. :)

TatII
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
thats a bummer matt, so now that pontiac has gone belly up where do you plan to take your car to do any type of warranty work or service?

TorchedStealth
06-03-2010, 01:08 AM
You can still bring it to any GM dealer

-The Stig-
06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah, my dealership is still there.. they were a GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealer. Now just GMC and Buick. And yes, any GM dealer...

Add your comment to this topic!