Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where is the oil filter

4432flying
03-31-2010, 08:23 PM
I purchased a new 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 3.5 L 24 valve engine. I have been a mechanic all of my life, but I cant find the oil filter on this engine. If someone out there can tell me where it is located on this engine I would certainly appreciate your help. Also I had been looking to purchase a new filter in the discount stores with no luck. I even called FRAM and they said they do not make a filter for that model. I believe it will be a filter element like the old 50 chevies where it must be taken apart and an element installed in it. I'm 78 years old and cant crawl around the engine like I could 60 years ago but if I ever find that filter I'll get that oil changed one way or another. Thanks in advance for your help. Bill

Airjer_
03-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Take the plastic cover off the top of the motor. The oil filter housing should be on the driver side of the motor in between the heads. It is a cartridge style and it may only be available from the dealer until the aftermarkets make them available.

4432flying
04-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks Airjer After recieving your info. I found the filter. Thanks again. Bill

lowsonoma1999
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
It is a different filter than the 3.3 the did have in the Sante Fe. This is a new filter and isn't on any other model. So I'm guessing it's only available at the dealer right now. List is $10.89

4432flying
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks John I appreciate your help. The dealer gave me a card that said they would give me a free oil change on my birthday , but that is Easter Sunday April 4 th. I only have 1800 miles on the SUV so I called the dealership and they said "no problem" bring it in when you have 3500 miles on it. I really enjoy the Santa Fe and the dealership has been great. Bill

Add your comment to this topic!