Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TSX recognized for leading new Acura style

CaMIRO
04-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Finally - a little recognition for the TSX, which should herald a new era for Acura design. The wedge shape has been re-defined in a way that makes simplicity thoughtful.

Link to article (http://www.automobear.com) (could not link exact article, click TSX story under 'Articles' - should be first link)

They reviewed the TL Concept at NYIAS 2003, too: Link to TL Concept article. (http://www.automobear.com/NYIAS%202003.html) The connection with the TSX is obvious.

PilotMojo
05-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Its a new civic with leather :D

B16EJ1
05-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by CaMIRO
Finally - a little recognition for the TSX, which should herald a new era for Acura design. The wedge shape has been re-defined in a way that makes simplicity thoughtful.

That's some funny shit, " should herald a new era for Acura design". Dude it's an expensive ass HONDA design aka Accord.

TheRebirth
05-07-2003, 08:24 PM
yeah....its what the Accord is SUPPOSED to be....but no...they decided to give us a pootier lookin model...then up the real model to Acura...so they make more money off of us...

Jay!
05-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by PilotMojo
Its a new civic with leather :D :rolleyes:

TSX = Accord
Acura EL = Civic

B16EJ1
05-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TheRebirth
yeah....its what the Accord is SUPPOSED to be....but no...they decided to give us a pootier lookin model...then up the real model to Acura...so they make more money off of us...

Duh. That's what I just said. The reason that Honda does it is because snobby Americans just can't see paying a substantial amount of money for a car that has the same emblem as a cheap ass Civic so Honda mods their emblem and changes the name to Acura and BAM an new LUXURY vehicle with the price tag to match. :rolleyes: Go to " Acura " to buy parts and what does the package say? HONDA

CivicLeader
08-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda - Acura
Nissan - Infinity
Toyota - Lexus

I believe it all to be the same in anything...there are always two different versions of the same thing (sometime even more than just two)...it's just what people are willing and able to spend on what they think is quality.

I actually drove the TSX this Saturday and it was very nice (6-speed manual i-VTEC) ...Nothing like the new accord but a bit like the older accord (2000) type.

To each their own and everyone's style is different...

Add your comment to this topic!