Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Some Help

Deejay360
04-28-2003, 01:46 PM
The car i painted was the porsche gt3 and I painted it yellow. The problem I have is that I sprayed the car shell and then I sprayed the wing and side mirrors and the wing and the side mirros dont match. The shell is darker then the wing and the side mirrors.:(
Wut should I do, I need some advice on how to match the wing and side mirros to the car.
Tom

Thor302
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
does the body have more coats than the wing and mirrors? if so they just need as many coats as the body

fullbloodchop01
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
this used to happen to me when i first started modeling. the reason being, i would use a darker color primer on one piece, and use a lighter color on another, then try spraying both with the smae color paint, and then one piece would be a darker shade, and the other a lighter shade, im supposing this is what you did, if so, i would say sand down or strip the pain and primer off the pieces that you dont like thw color, and make sure u use the same color primer on both
HTH :)

Veyron
04-28-2003, 02:45 PM
All of Tamiya's yellow's will get darker the more coats or the thicker the the paint is. What I would do is put another coat on the parts that are lighter and repeat until they match the darker ones. :)

Verminator
04-28-2003, 03:09 PM
The only answer to this is to keep applying more coats to the lighter pieces, you will get a match eventually, the moral here is to assemble as much of the body as possible and do all your spraying at the same time to ensure consistency, good luck :)

Deejay360
04-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks Guys for the help on how to fix my problem. This really helps Thank:) .
Tom

Add your comment to this topic!