h22a type S into 95 accord

iceiso
04-26-2003, 02:19 PM
hey, really quick question...

i have a 95 accord, i WAS going to go turbocharged h22a, but that's buttloads of money, so i was thinking about either getting h22a and building it up w/bolt ons and all that good stuff, or starting a little higher and getting the type-S. decided on going type-S, but then someone told me that i should get an OBDI engine since my car is a 95. what problems would i encounter if i swapped in a type-S engine, and how could i fix them. what other known problems occur w/type-S engine swaps. thanks!

94tegRS
04-26-2003, 03:24 PM
go H22a, I mean, it has more torque, and a bit less HP. but with the 2200 bucks you are saving you could easily whoop on any accord with a stock type s.

2200 bucks is enough for a turbo kit anyways, maybe not the best one out there, so save another 1000 bucks and then you got a FAST car.

crxlvr
04-26-2003, 04:15 PM
you will need to do alot of wiring changes in order to get an OBDII engine work with an OBDI car, its not worth the hassle, just do what teg said and get the h22a, and use the extra cash for go fast parts.

93accordEX
04-26-2003, 05:12 PM
yea unless you are getting a really good hookup somehow the type s is like 2000 more and then bolt ons on top of that you can have your turbo h22. even if you just want to stay n/a I still wouldnt get the type s cause you can use the $ to build your h22 for more power anyway with more agressive cams higher CR etc.

iceiso
04-26-2003, 10:58 PM
since i'm going NA, do i still need to get forged pistons/rods? i mean, when i get a nicer engine, i'm gonna be driving it a little harder (right now for usual driving i keep RPMs under 3.5k before shifting), but do i still need those parts? what about cams? when i was going turbo, i was thinking about all the parts i would need for keeping my engine from falling apart, but now that i'm going N/A, which parts do i need to get for a drivable, strong, reliable, and powerful engine?

iceiso
04-27-2003, 12:28 AM
also, does an intake manifold increase power on NA engines?

iceiso
04-27-2003, 12:31 AM
alright, i guess what i'm asking is...

-what parts increase the power/performance of the engine?
-what parts increase the strength/reliability of the engine?
-of these parts, which ones are/aren't necesssary for an NA engine?
-what parts increase both?

are there any other parts you would recommend getting?
haha, sorry about the posts, but since deciding to go N/A, i'm trying to learn as much as i can as fast as i can. thanks!

---edit---

oh yeah. what about ignition and fuel upgrades?

strodda
04-27-2003, 12:53 AM
get the standard i/h/e. then an intake manifold w/larger tb, cams and a valvetrain kit, cam gears to fine tune, msd ignition, fuel rail, reprogram ecu and maybe a vtec controller. then you could also get something like the aem EMS. im sure theres more, but thats the main stuff.

iceiso
04-27-2003, 10:41 PM
do underdrive pullies help much with anything?

strodda
04-27-2003, 11:44 PM
see, told ya i forgot stuff. they help. the trupower pullies are wider and lighter, so they spin less, kinda like changing to a higher gear on a mountain bike. only problem is that they spin easier, but also produce less power. so you might have conflicting interests if you have a huge system soaking up all the power.

94tegRS
04-29-2003, 12:52 AM
probably need to get a new fuel pump, and bigger injectors, but strodda told you most of it. but if you are staying all motor, maybe high cr pistons, forged rods. well if you get a JDM swap it is already 10.6, USDM is 10.0

If you can tune it right then you could jump it up some still though.

Add your comment to this topic!