Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying my first car Need advise

Cradik
03-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Hey thank you for coming to my thread i am Proudly to say i am in the Air-Force. I just currently got my first duty station.... and, well i am at Minot, North Dakota. Its not so bad at the moment but i heard it gets a lot colder and the roads get really bad here. I have a lot on my plate from just getting married and having a kid on the way. My wife has a car back home for her self to use when she moves up here, but for me i need something that can just get me from home and to work safely. I recently just ran into an offer for a 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe FS. I do know to much stuff about older cars but i know just the basics to get me by. I just need some information on the car that is offered to me The guy is selling to me for $2000 its 4x4, 4D, New Battery New Exhaust,New Air Conditioning System,
New Oil Cooler Lines and Adapters,New idler and pitman arms and allignment by Westlie Tire and Auto 3 weeks ago.New Pan Gasket,
Tires with less than 8k Miles. Bridgestone Destination LE
New Fuel Lines and sender gasket, NO ACCIDENT HISTORY, CLEAR TITLE Oh and 165,000 miles on it. Please if you can give me any experience you know about these cars and how they run and any problems you think i might encounter in the near future i would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much.

bumpyfruck
03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Some common problems to look for on this vehicle would be the transmission ,check the fluid it should be red not brown or black and should not smell burnt.Then listen to the rear axle for clicking or whining noise while driving. Also look for coolant leaking around the intake manifold. I work for a company that has about 50 of these in their fleet and have seem these problems repeatedly. Hope this helps

Ray paulsen
04-02-2010, 08:24 AM
You are proud and so you should be " way to go "

With your post being a few days old, I would like to know if you have pursued or what has transpired buying the 1995 Tahoe before posting some comments ?

Add your comment to this topic!