Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Phew, survived another week without

Chain
04-25-2003, 04:00 AM
spray painting.

Every week, I gotta wait for the weekends to spray whatever parts I can cos on weekdays I come back too late and I cant use my bathroom hehe
Some weekends I got dinners and stuff and my projects, they are left undone.
I hate weekdays! :flipa: :finger: to weekdays

Sorry for the rant but I am sure some of you are in the same situation as me.
You plan ahead but only to find you come back late from work and there goes your plans.

Here's to weekends ;)

christofurr
04-25-2003, 04:44 AM
I'm the same as you. The only place I can spraypaint is the Garage, and when I get home from work there's always a car in there, and I can never be bothered moving it out, just to spraypaint :). Most weekdays I just brush paint, and plan ahead to spraypaint in the weekend. I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally get an airbrush :rolleyes: :).

primera man
04-25-2003, 05:06 AM
I hear ya brother !!
The kids have been on school holidays and i try not to spray when they are around as they may turn out like there Dad :bloated: :bloated:

tonioseven
04-25-2003, 08:31 AM
I feel your pain!:p I spraypaint in the garage whenever I want to now though!:D I just had to buy a respirator so I don't ingest so many fumes.

Chain
04-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey U guys got garages, damn it! :D

All I got is a small cubicle haha
And I went to buy masks, cheap $2.30 that came with packs of 4.
Tried it the other day and you know what, I saw residues of the primer on my face surrounding my mask!

Imagine all this time I wasnt using the mask, I was breathing in those residues........arghhhh!!!!!!!!:devil: :bonghitte :cry: :eek2:

Jonno
04-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Chain
Imagine all this time I wasnt using the mask, I was breathing in those residues........arghhhh!!!!!!!!:devil: :bonghitte :cry: :eek2:

I wan't wearing that there masks and I turns out very good! :finger: ;)

Chain
04-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Jonno

I wan't wearing that there masks and I turns out very good! :finger: ;)

Wait til U have to spray in small cubicles and try not wearing them masks then see you turns out good or not, maybe you turns out good in hospital hehehe

Seriously, in small constraint areas, wear those mask for your own good.

D[X]P
04-25-2003, 01:24 PM
i just spraypaint outside. when im spraying i hold my breath and when m done with a coat i quickly go into my house so turn blue:bloated: :spit: :apuke: :huh:

grandprix92
04-25-2003, 01:49 PM
i justs spray them paints in my bassment and then i get all woosies ands then i goes to beds and justed collapse. but i supposed that's normally a often occurrances?:smoker:

Bimmerkid
04-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Is it bad when you start thinking primer smells sweet? :hehehe:

I spray in the garage, then just bring it back inside. Eliminates most fumes.

daggerlee
04-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Chain
Hey U guys got garages, damn it! :D

All I got is a small cubicle haha
And I went to buy masks, cheap $2.30 that came with packs of 4.
Tried it the other day and you know what, I saw residues of the primer on my face surrounding my mask!

You should get a double cartridge respirators, I ahve a feeling what you have is a 'dust mask' and won't hold out fumes too well!

If you can still smell the paint fumes, then you're still ingesting whatever particles are in the air!

Camber
04-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I paint in my basement, Just have to make sure the cat is upstairs first, then open all the windows in the house :hehehe:

grandprix92
04-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Camber
I paint in my basement, Just have to make sure the cat is upstairs first, then open all the windows in the house :hehehe:

ohh, make sure the cat is UPstairs. i see. that might be why my cat has been acting weird

Jay!
04-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by daggerlee
If you can still smell the paint fumes, then you're still ingesting whatever particles are in the air! And if your boogers are the same color as your model, you're really in for it...

grandprix92
04-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
And if your boogers are the same color as your model, you're really in for it...

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :cwn27: :lol2: :lol2:

RX-7 Twin Turbo
04-25-2003, 03:31 PM
thats pretty messed up man your poor cat ingesting those fumes damn. anyways i spray in my garage but i also have a big garage so i dont really need to worry about it.

edit: check your CAPS LOCK

Guido
04-25-2003, 03:36 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Planning on comin' home early, then it runs late - project needs to be finished, oh deadlines - and when I'm home the kids already went to bed (between 8 and 9) and my improvised spraybooth is upstairs, so I can do everything except spraying... compressor noise - and no, I don't use spraycans, tried it, but didn't like it too much.

So I'm praying for the weekends, where there are no races and no work in the garden. :D

bah humbug
04-25-2003, 03:46 PM
I just spray outside. :rolleyes:

Ghost_9418
04-25-2003, 06:01 PM
I spray in the garage with the garage door open.

endlesskev86
04-25-2003, 06:10 PM
so true.......i have to wait till the weekend too.........cause of school and shit

Add your comment to this topic!